memory map and aerial maps

Alboy

I've used them, but they're more of a gimmick on the PPC than of actual use. They are pretty useful when viewing a 3D view on the PC though, especially if you need to explain ground relief and contours to people.

Yup - agree with that. They're a nice toy in the field and can be useful walking if the well trodden path isn't where the OS would like it to be - you can see that you are on the real path and that the dots on the map aren't. Don't add anything to hunting the Tupperware itself (but fun if you can get some innocent standing on an obvious ground feature on a clear day to look up and wave :o )

I've used them, but they're more of a gimmick on the PPC than of actual use. They are pretty useful when viewing a 3D view on the PC though, especially if you need to explain ground relief and contours to people.

Yup - agree with that. They're a nice toy in the field and can be useful walking if the well trodden path isn't where the OS would like it to be - you can see that you are on the real path and that the dots on the map aren't. Don't add anything to hunting the Tupperware itself (but fun if you can get some innocent standing on an obvious ground feature on a clear day to look up and wave :o )

I fully concur with both of these, Great on the PC, but for use with the PDA, they usually add no value.