Pocket Query Quandry

Geckolovers

I don't know where I am going awry.

I have set the mileage perimeters of my PQ for a 100 miles from my home coords but I receive caches beyond there. I am not getting caches that are placed within the radius that I know exist.

I ask for:

1) I name the query

2) I ask it to generate one day a week, and every week on that checked day

3) To show me 200 caches

4) Of selected type: traditional; multi-cache; virtual; letterbox; and unknown

5) Any container

6) That I either don't click any boxes or I click: I haven't found, I don't own; members only; is active

7) Terrain equal to 5; Difficulty equal to 5

8) State of Ohio

9) From Origin: By coordinates and I enter the degrees, minutes and seconds of my home coords

10) Within a radius of a 100 miles

11) Placed during: none selected

12) No attributes selected

13) Output: to my e-mail address

14) GPX file in zip compressef file

15) Submit information

So I get caches outside the mileage perimeters or I get caches at the very edges, while I don't get caches that are within a few miles of my house. Or, depending on the boxes I click, it says there are no results. Or I tried within a 50 mile radius, and I got a PQ with 3 caches!

Looking over the above, can you see where I am going wrong?

Thank you!

I just set up that exact query (centered on Springboro, OH zip) and got the exact results I expected ... no caches found. There are no D5/T5, Premium Members Only caches within 100 miles of Springboro. However, I can't imagine why you're getting caches that are outside the 100 mile radius; I've never seen that before. Are these caches D5/T5, Premium Members Only caches?

I set this up and got the same results (nothing found).

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do, but I think the problem is you're selecting "Members Only caches." That means "ONLY members only caches" not "ALSO members only"

Is that the problem?

EDIT: Ok, I just set it up exactly like you have it, but without the "members only" checked, and I get 3 caches (all 5/5 caches that are non-member). There are no 5/5 caches that are members only within that radius.

Seems to work fine, but your parameters are screwed up. I'm not sure if you were expecting 200 5/5 members-only caches within 100 miles, but that's how you had the pocket query set up.

Edited by ThePropers

Ohhhhh... I think I am seeing where I am going wrong. So by marking "members only" and T/D as 5/5, that's all the PQ is looking for? I thought I was making that part of the criteria, i.e.: all caches, INCLUDING MEMBERS ONLY, all caches UP TO AND INCLUDING 5/5. I'll go try a PQ without any criteria but distance from home and see what happens.

But then how do I tell the PQ that I don't want caches I have found or own?

Edited by Geckolovers

Ohhhhh... I think I am seeing where I am going wrong. So by marking "members only" and T/D as 5/5, that's all the PQ is looking for? I thought I was making that part of the criteria, i.e.: all caches, INCLUDING MEMBERS ONLY, all caches UP TO AND INCLUDING 5/5. I'll go try a PQ without any criteria but distance from home and see what happens.

But then how do I tell the PQ that I don't want caches I have found or own?

You got it now. The checkboxes are to LIMIT which results you get. So by choosing "Members Only" you immediately eliminated everything BUT members only caches.