New cache ratings proposal

adjensen

I've been reading a few threads regarding ratings, standards, and the like, and I've come up with some new ratings I'd like feedback on. The primary change is splitting between urban and non-urban caches, because standards are much different for them. I've also removed the "Special Equipment" is an automatic five star rating. That should be an attribute.

Here's my idea:

Urban Caches

Terrain

Flat, even terrain, accessible to all, including the wheelchair bound.

Located in a park which may include rolling hills, curbs, and other obstructions that may impeded non-mobile cachers from the Glad container filled with Happy Meal toys.

Micro located on a window ledge of a thirty story building. No indication of which floor, but coordinates do seem to point to the south wall.

Cache is a PVC pipe hidden on the grounds of a police station, court house or Federal building. Logging requirements may require waving it about or laughing maniacally while replacing.

Cache is located in a "bad part of town" and the cacher is advised to wear red or blue prominently. Whether this will improve the situation or not is left to the whim of the hider.

Difficulty

Cache is located in McDonalds drive-thru. Order taker may or may not be aware of this, but asking them to "hold the pickle, hold the lettuce" on your Big Mac qualifies you for the find.

"Stop and Grab" located at popular local park. Cache is a decon container attached to the underside of the only bench in the place. Beware of muggles.

Pen cap micro thrown in a storm sewer or taped to the bottom of a dumpster.

Puzzle cache, requiring finder to solve sixteen Sudukos, "Price is Right" guessing games and mathematical proofs, each result getting one number of the coordinates. Cache is located at the home of the owner, at said coordinates, who will provide the cache when you ring the bell and ask "where's the stuff?" Encrypted hint reveals the hemisphere (western) to "cut down on all the questions."

Cache is a tiny container, built on the atomic level, on the side of a bolt. Box is thirty atoms by thirty atoms. Said bolt then inserted into random picnic shelter in Indiana. Cachers are advised to bring their own electron microscopes.

Non-Urban Caches

Terrain

Flat, even terrain, accessible to all, including the wheelchair bound.

Rolling terrain, which may require short hike on uneven surfaces. With optional boulder field, snake infestation or rappelling required, depending on local expectations.

Cache may involve any of the following: 10 mile hike; overnight stay; special climbing equipment; paying park "entrance/extortion" fee.

Wife, husband, dog, or other voice of reason announces that they'll "stay in the car for this one."

Cache is located under Mt. Everest, in the Mariana Trench, or on the moon.

Difficulty

Cache is in plain sight, having not been hidden by the last finder. Who also left it open, to make it easier for the next guy.

Cache is hidden under a three foot pile of sticks. In the desert.

Cache is in one end of a log. A wasp nest is in the other end. Choose wisely. In bear country, cache may be coated with honey before placement.

Multi cache, thirteen stages; six pine cone micros, three fake sticks, two ammo cans and a decon container. Final stage is hidden in a Mountain Dew can -- log may be damp.

Cache IS a log. Finding requirements involve pressing a sheet of paper from said timber, and making your own dadgum log to sign. I've got too many other caches to hide.