Communicating with cache owner

Hynr

At the top of each cache page is a box called "Navigation" with links to various actions regarding the cache. I would like to request a link be added to this box to send a private note to the owner about this cache. AND specifically, I request that

• the subject line of the message contain the GXcode and cache name, perhaps with a format like this: "Geocaching.com user [uSERID] about [CACHENAME] [GCxxxxx]"
  • in the message body automatically include links to the originating page and user profile
  • include a link to reply via the same website mechanism which will send an email via the anonymous method, including the same subject line

I am not requesting this to just make it easier than clicking on [profile] and going through the routine (which it certainly would do). I probably would not request this if even a few persons would remember to include the cache info in messages they send - but since they don't... and since I generally can't remember to do it either...

I am not sure how the script will get anyone other than a few persons set up. I don't use these types of scripts myself, so I am not aware of how to get this working for myself. It seems to me that to use the geocaching email system and to get a subject line set up would have to be done by methods other than scripting on the web page.

I am not sure how the script will get anyone other than a few persons set up. I don't use these types of scripts myself, so I am not aware of how to get this working for myself. It seems to me that to use the geocaching email system and to get a subject line set up would have to be done by methods other than scripting on the web page.

Yes, a better permanent solution would be if the site added a feature or two. However its not avaible yet, until then (or ever??) if you use mozilla, you can get a greasemonkey script that will do it for you.