UPGRADE TO WHAT RECEIVER

popeye35

I'll make this short. I'am thinking of upgrading my reciever, but to what model I ask myself. What a better place to ask this question with all the users. I do have a Megellan 330 Map. I sure like, and its software, however the unit isn't really waterproof. No fooling around which is the best GPS out there. Thanks you, POPEYE35

Isn't the 330 waterproof? I've got an old 315 which is basically the same unit except no mapping.. and beiieve it is waterproof(?)

As for what to buy for an upgrade,, what features are important to you? What do you want your new GPS to do? Bear in mind that, surprisingly, despite your 330 is fairly old, newer GPSr's havent lept-&-bounded in improved accuracy.. Except for things like WAAS (which doesn't work much in the woods anyway lol) and <12 channel receivers (again a subjective issue.. does it help?)

what a loaded question :-). It depends on what you want to do with it.

Do you want autorouteing along with geocachign abilities? Then you can go with the flow and buy a 60csx garmin or 76csx.

If you dont care about autorouting then the sky is the limit. Lowrance and magellan are both nice units.

Do you have a price in mind or is the sky the limit..?

I'll make this short. I'am thinking of upgrading my reciever, but to what model I ask myself. What a better place to ask this question with all the users. I do have a Megellan 330 Map. I sure like, and its software, however the unit isn't really waterproof. No fooling around which is the best GPS out there. Thanks you, POPEYE35

The 330 and the Garmin 60cx are very similar in size,so a transition between them would be very easy. The part I love about my 60cx is button placement that can be operated with one hand (hell one finger) very efficiently. I only use my thumb to operate it, and it took me about a day before I had memorized the button layout to do everything I needed without even thinking.