Updated in the last 7 days and logged in the last 7

markandlynn

I'm not seeing a "Logged in the last 7 days."

I am seeing a "Found in the last 7 days." Obviously this will not give you the caches with other log-types written.

The "Updated in the last 7 days" will give you caches that have had any change including new logs or changes to description, waypoint, etc.

I am seeing a "Found in the last 7 days." Obviously this will not give you the caches with other log-types written.

The "Updated in the last 7 days" will give you caches that have had any change including new logs or changes to description, waypoint, etc.

So are you saying with absolute knowledge that Updated in the last 7 gives you caches that have been logged or changed in the last 7 days and found just gives you ones that have been found ?

I meant to say found by the way.

So are you saying with absolute knowledge that Updated in the last 7 gives you caches that have been logged or changed in the last 7 days and found just gives you ones that have been found ?

Yes, but you can test it for yourself by setting up two queries and testing them. You can look at the logs of the resultant caches along with the "last updated" line at the bottom of the cache page. I did this a while back. So, unless something has changed since then, yes, that is the way it works.

The "Updated in the Last 7 Days" option used to mean "cache pages that have been edited by the owner in the last seven days." This was useful to some people, including myself. But it was changed to return all caches with any activity in the last seven days. If I recall correctly, this request came from those who maintain offline databases full of cache descriptions and logs. Since that change, this PQ option is no longer useful to me.

Since that change, this PQ option is no longer useful to me.

Don't blame me! I was asking for an additional check box for "all logs" or something like that. I didn't even know they had changed it for several weeks if memory serves.

That said, I find it extremely useful, but am sadden that it was a lateral change impacting others in a negative fashion.

The "Updated in the Last 7 Days" option used to mean "cache pages that have been edited by the owner in the last seven days." This was useful to some people, including myself. But it was changed to return all caches with any activity in the last seven days. If I recall correctly, this request came from those who maintain offline databases full of cache descriptions and logs. Since that change, this PQ option is no longer useful to me.

When I run a PQ with "Updated in the last 7 days", I seem to get more caches than I should. For example:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...7d-459bf39e48d7

is returned. At the moment I looked at the pq results, this cache was listed, looking at the listing, it has neither any logs in the last 7 days, nor has the owner logged in during that time frame.

I see a lot of other results that don't have logs in the last 7 days, but the owner has logged in, so I give the slight possibility that the owner made some minor change.

Either way, I seem to be getting results that I shouldn't be.

Am I not understanding what I should be getting, or am I missing something? The results that I expect, based on The Leprechauns explanation is anything that has any type of log entry in the past 7 days OR anything that has been changed, edited, etc (probably by the owner) in the last 7 days. Is there another condition that would cause more caches to be returned?