Palm Tungsten E2

Hey all, im looking to buy a palm tungsten E2, for school and to take along on the occasional multi/puzzle cache. Can any of you tell me the ups and downs of this product? I have looked into it quite a bit and all the results i have seen are positive, however are not from a cachers point of view, which is what i would like. Thanks for the help. (oh ya, any pics of them would be cool)

:D:D:D

Edited by mr.chopstixs

Hey all, im looking to buy a palm tungsten E2, for school and to take along on the occasional multi/puzzle cache. Can any of you tell me the ups and downs of this product? I have looked into it quite a bit and all the results i have seen are positive, however are not from a cachers point of view, which is what i would like. Thanks for the help. (oh ya, any pics of them would be cool)

:D:o:D

Hey there.

I just bought a Palm TungstenE2 from someone on ebay. My wife has one, and we decided to buy another so that we wont have any mishaps with hers, since she uses it for work. we do all the usual palm things with it, but the main reason for the additional palm was specifically for geocaching. we use cachemate and it appears to work flawlessly. we use GSAK to get the GPX files and D/L them directly into our magellans. Paperlesss caching is the only way to go.

I would recommend a good protective cover for the palm, and probably a DC adaptor so you can charge in the car if needed.

I have a practically brand new Palm TX, which is basically an E2 with a faster processor and a few mroe bells and whistles. Im not asking much so PM me if youre interested!

:D:o:D

Hey there.

I just bought a Palm TungstenE2 from someone on ebay. My wife has one, and we decided to buy another so that we wont have any mishaps with hers, since she uses it for work. we do all the usual palm things with it, but the main reason for the additional palm was specifically for geocaching. we use cachemate and it appears to work flawlessly. we use GSAK to get the GPX files and D/L them directly into our magellans. Paperlesss caching is the only way to go.

I would recommend a good protective cover for the palm, and probably a DC adaptor so you can charge in the car if needed.

Edited by Fhantazm

I have an E2 which was an upgrade from the E because I couldn't stand the poor battery life of the E. The E2 is slower when loading programs and returning to the home screen than the E I am assuming due to the non-volitile (sp?) memory. The battery life is amazing, especially compared to the E and the screen is much easier to read in the sun than the E.

I have had trouble getting mine to work with SD memory cards; it will read the card, but it always tells me the card is locked (write-protected). I tried 3 different SD cards and gave up. Palm told me I needed to send it back, but I just bought a 1GB multi-media card instead which works fine and actually runs faster than the 1GB SD cards that I tried.

Cachemate runs fine along with all of my other programs/games. It does have Bluetooth, but I've never used it. HTH