Pocket Queries Dont Email

Did you check your junk box?

When did you submit it? If you read the pq page it says that the pq's are generated at the begining of the day. So what do I do..... Submit a pq at 23:00. It emails me almost instant the results. If you submit it during the morning, your going to be put on the list behind the people that have theirs previously set up to run.

Do you have AOL? They are blocking or delaying e-mail from geocaching.com. I'm getting some notifications up to 7 days late. If this is the case, have the PQs sent to another account on another ISP, if you have one.

That's my case--I just got a delayed find log on one of my caches. It was found/loggged on July 20. I'd already seen the log posted on my cache page, but didn't get the notification e-mail until today, well over a week later. That's a long delay.

I've been having the same issues for about 10 days, now. All my PQ's are being generated, but I'm not receiving them via email. Tried alternate email accounts without success and, more importantly, tried getting an answer about the issue from GC without ANY success.

I've been having the same issues for about 10 days, now. All my PQ's are being generated, but I'm not receiving them via email. Tried alternate email accounts without success and, more importantly, tried getting an answer about the issue from GC without ANY success.

It is possible that you aren't getting emails from Geocaching.com for the same reason you're not getting emails for your pocket queries. So lack of response from us may mean something other than no one getting back to you.

All good ideas about checking junk boxes ect, but I have tried that. I am pretty sure GC is generating the query then losing the results rather than mailing them to me. Helpdesk not helpful really, although they did suggest posting here as "the developers monitor the forums" and may react to that.

Some queries arrive instantly, the two I really want are for a zone on the other side of the world from home - where I am off on holiday to shortly. Its quite frustrating actually.

Does GC check if the query is away from my home co-ordinates perhaps?

Do you have AOL? They are blocking or delaying e-mail from geocaching.com. I'm getting some notifications up to 7 days late. If this is the case, have the PQs sent to another account on another ISP, if you have one.

That's my case--I just got a delayed find log on one of my caches. It was found/loggged on July 20. I'd already seen the log posted on my cache page, but didn't get the notification e-mail until today, well over a week later. That's a long delay.

Its not an AOL account to those that asked about that , and anyway, SOME queries succeed.

No, not > 5 queries per day PhantomTech

Just created a query for Amsterdam which ran and emailed straight away, the 3 German ones still run (apparently) but dont email results. Format of query identical (apart from country/orgin co-ords) Maybe GC doesnt like Germans?

Can someone generate a query based on munich and see if it operates correctly?

I ran four queries this morning and received the results instantly.

Make sure you select the Days to Generate for the query. Have you exceded the 5 queries per day limit?

Ive tried every thing you all posted here and still no luck...THIS SUCKS and getting tired of it. Been taking over a day now to have it emailed to me.....in the past they where sent right then.....so whats changed???

I would re-read Jeremy's post above. Seems to me there is a meaning in that post. Then again mybe I'm reading too much into it.

El Diablo

Get a gmail account and have the emails forwarded to your regular account. Sometimes Groundspeak is put on black lists of some ISPs for whatever reason.

If your email start coming through, contact you ISP and complain. While it's good that ISP are active in reducing spam, canning the stuff you do want is not the answer. I'd rather get everything and filter with a Bayesian-style filter on my end, than not get important stuff as if it was never sent.

Hope this helps.

Should run - there are 11 caches that fit that criteria.

Here's something from my FAQ

Why can't I get my Pocket Queries?

There are a couple of things to check.

• Make sure your results are set to "Zip". Overzealous virus filters may kick out .gpx files, even though they cannot execute (they're just actually text files).
    pqgrid.jpg
  • Did you select a day to run? Even if you tell the query "run once then delete" you HAVE to select a day of the week ("Monday") for the PQ to run.
  • Did you mistakenly click "Add to queue"? The "Add to Queue" button on the pocket query page is ONLY for getting a pocket query of all of YOUR finds.
  • Did the query generate yet? On the Pocket Query Page in the grid, if the query has generated in the last 24 hours, it will be bold with a date. If it hasn't generated yet, it may just be waiting its turn. See the note on "priorities" below.
  • Check your spam folder. With a subject line that looks automated and an attachment that is likely in the format of 999999.zip, some overzealous spam filters may place it there.

GC.com instituted a priority for when PQs would run. It is based on the last time the request has run. Queries that have NEVER run get first in line. Queries that ran a long time ago are next, and queries that ran just the previous day are last. If you desparately need them, the suggestion until they get a fix is to copy the query to a new one and let it run. You should get the results almost instantly.

All of those things taken care of?

Edited by Markwell

Yes, all those things checked off. The query turns bold and gives a date, but nothing arrives in in box or junk mail box. This is weird. Creating new queries (which SHOULD run early in the queue acheives nothing. The results are not being emailed at all I suspect.

Is anyone at GC listening to this thread? If so, can you look at the outgoing email logs and see if it is this query was ever emailed ?

Should run - there are 11 caches that fit that criteria.

Here's something from my FAQ

Why can't I get my Pocket Queries?

There are a couple of things to check.

• Make sure your results are set to "Zip". Overzealous virus filters may kick out .gpx files, even though they cannot execute (they're just actually text files).
    pqgrid.jpg
  • Did you select a day to run? Even if you tell the query "run once then delete" you HAVE to select a day of the week ("Monday") for the PQ to run.
  • Did you mistakenly click "Add to queue"? The "Add to Queue" button on the pocket query page is ONLY for getting a pocket query of all of YOUR finds.
  • Did the query generate yet? On the Pocket Query Page in the grid, if the query has generated in the last 24 hours, it will be bold with a date. If it hasn't generated yet, it may just be waiting its turn. See the note on "priorities" below.
  • Check your spam folder. With a subject line that looks automated and an attachment that is likely in the format of 999999.zip, some overzealous spam filters may place it there.

GC.com instituted a priority for when PQs would run. It is based on the last time the request has run. Queries that have NEVER run get first in line. Queries that ran a long time ago are next, and queries that ran just the previous day are last. If you desparately need them, the suggestion until they get a fix is to copy the query to a new one and let it run. You should get the results almost instantly.

All of those things taken care of?

Write a letter to contact@geocaching.com and give them a link to a particular PQ. They should be able to tell you if it was sent.

My guess, since it's running, is that there's something amiss at your Internet Service Provider. Everyone else seems to be getting their PQs.

Without changing anything, 4 queries that have previously not emailed me anything, ran without a whimper today. Looking in the forum topic list, there have been other threads along the same lines - those posters have also reported "the end of the drought". I suspect GC have fixed something - just hope it stays fixed!

Thanks to all who offered suggestions.

My advice is the same as posted by others: Use a gmail account and zip your PQs. I have no problem getting PQs or emails to my gmail account. My comcast and yahoo accounts had some problems...

I have an issue where the pocket query runs, but doesnt email me any results. The query produces results when I preview it, and the web page tells me it has executes, but nothing turns up in my in box...

I had the same problem and never got an official answer as to why that happens. I then dumped the old ,made a new one and it has worked fine since. Sagebrushwoody