Detours?!?

swizzle

I recently encountered a traditional cache with a different set of coordinates on the inside lid. I was thinking that this would be a great idea for different types of people. I'm going to be setting up a cache that is in an area with 3 different waterfalls. I plan on listing it as a traditional and placing a main cache with coordinates to the second falls and in that cache, coordinates to the 3rd falls. The 2nd and 3 cache would only hold a log book, pencil and a camera. I figured this way if someone is just cachin' for the #'s then all they have to do is hit the main cache. However if you want to take an enjoyable hike and hit the 2nd and 3rd falls then that would be your choice. Either way you would only get credit for the main. Would there be any problems with doing something like this?

I also have a different type of cache that I want to set up. On a boulder I want to hide 3 micro's. The easiest micro would lead you the greatest distance to the main cache. The second easiest micro would lead you more directly to the main and the 3rd (evil) micro would give 2 sets of coordinates. 1 directly to the main and one to a FTF bonus cache. Would there be a problem with placing 3 micro's in the same location all within 20 feet of each other? I would like to post that there is 3 micro's on the boulder. Would that be a violation of any geocache rules or is that exceptable as long as all parts belong to the same cache? Swizzle

he 2nd and 3 cache would only hold a log book, pencil and a camera. I figured this way if someone is just cachin' for the #'s then all they have to do is hit the main cache. However if you want to take an enjoyable hike and hit the 2nd and 3rd falls then that would be your choice. Either way you would only get credit for the main. Would there be any problems with doing something like this?

I've seen this set up as 3 separate caches with the first being a traditional and the 2nd and third being puzzle caches. You need to find the first cache to get the coords for the other two. It's do-able.

I also have a different type of cache that I want to set up. On a boulder I want to hide 3 micro's. The easiest micro would lead you the greatest distance to the main cache. The second easiest micro would lead you more directly to the main and the 3rd (evil) micro would give 2 sets of coordinates. 1 directly to the main and one to a FTF bonus cache. Would there be a problem with placing 3 micro's in the same location all within 20 feet of each other? I would like to post that there is 3 micro's on the boulder. Would that be a violation of any geocache rules or is that exceptable as long as all parts belong to the same cache? Swizzle

I think its OK as long as its one cache. I did something slightly similar with two containers near ground zero. One was the cache and one had coordinates to another stage a half mile away. Find the right one and you have the cache and you're done. Find the wrong one and you're off on a multi cache hunt ending back at the starting coordinates with a note to look harder.