Picture Hint

Creek View Two

I would like to use a photo as a hint and wondered if anyone has done anything like this. Any ideas would sure be appreciated...... Thanks

It sounds a good idea in theory but how would this appear for people using wap.geocaching.com and those using the ebook feature on their pda?

Would the picture still show up or does the wap facility only allow text?

I would like to use a photo as a hint and wondered if anyone has done anything like this.

The problem with trying to use a picture as a hint is that you can't easily encrypt it. So it really becomes more of a spoiler on the cache page than a hint.

But there are puzzle caches that use a series of pictures to lead you to the cache. You follow the pictures, you find the cache.

Example: A Thousand Words.

I would like to use a photo as a hint and wondered if anyone has done anything like this. Any ideas would sure be appreciated...... Thanks

A number of cachers in the UK use "see picture" or something like that as the encripted clue.

Its great when you are fifty or sixty miles from home and have spent the last half hour thrashing round in the bushes, you cant find the cache and resort to the clue, "see picture" is the last thing you want.

If you decode the clue and look at the picture before setting off it spoils the hunt, and if you don't its a hundred miles or so round trip to look at the picture.

So. dont use a picture as the hint is my opinion.