Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
cache_test_dummies

Bug - Nearby Waymarks No Longer Being Reported?

A waymark was submitted to one of the categories I manage (Grave of a Famous Person) today and I approved it. I later received an email from the person who submitted the waymark - they noticed that a waymark had already been placed for that particular grave.

The coordinates for the two submittals differed by just over 100 feet. Neither I, nor the person who submitted the second waymark, ever saw anything during the submittal/approval process indicating nearby waymarks. I know that I used to see these messages for nearby (within a mile) waymarks - have the messages been intentionally removed, or is this a bug?

A waymark was submitted to one of the categories I manage (Grave of a Famous Person) today and I approved it. I later received an email from the person who submitted the waymark - they noticed that a waymark had already been placed for that particular grave.

The coordinates for the two submittals differed by just over 100 feet. Neither I, nor the person who submitted the second waymark, ever saw anything during the submittal/approval process indicating nearby waymarks. I know that I used to see these messages for nearby (within a mile) waymarks - have the messages been intentionally removed, or is this a bug?

I have also noticed same thing on two recent submissions. No warning for either the submitter or the approver.

I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for looking into this.

In the mean time, in order to prevent the possibility of approving a duplicate, I've been doing a search for 'Nearest Waymarks' on the approval page before accepting new waymarks.

Ok, this problem has now been corrected. Sorry for the issue!

Thank you for fixing this, bootron. And thank you OpinioNate for splitting off the other discussion.

I'll close this topic since the issue has been resolved.