Pda With Windows Ce 2.11

MineRP

Am not very computter savy at all, but received a Casio Cassiopeia E-105 32 Meg PDA ( used ). Have been told/read cachemate is for palm systems, and tried out GPXSonar, which i thought was suppose to work, but get not a valid ce program error. Is there a program similar that will work on my PDA. Any help would be much appreciated, any comments are required in english, not technobabble, only due to my lack of understanding it.

Am not very computter savy at all, but received a Casio Cassiopeia E-105 32 Meg PDA ( used ). Have been told/read cachemate is for palm systems, and tried out GPXSonar, which i thought was suppose to work, but get not a valid ce program error. Is there a program similar that will work on my PDA. Any help would be much appreciated, any comments are required in english, not technobabble, only due to my lack of understanding it.

Wrong forum, but I will tell you that CacheMate is available for Pocket PCs as well as Palm devices. Now, whether it's compatible with CE 2.11 is another matter. Go to their website and check it out.

CE 2.11 pre-dates both the Pocket PC 2002 and 2003 operating systems.

Cachemate and GPXView require at least 2002, GPXSonar requires at least 2003.

For these programs, I'm afraid you are out of luck. There might be other solutions, however, as I think some people have maybe used a program called plucker to import and view in Pocket Internet Explorer.

Maybe some of those people will drop in.

I have an old Jornada that uses Windows CE and my son put Mobipocket Reader on it, it will do pocket queries that are dl in the ebook format just fine. Allows for searches and probably notes though I use the recording option for that.

I have/had a HP 320LX HHPC that runs on Windows CE 2.0. I struggled to get something to work with it so I ended up just getting a cheap Palm OS machine. My Handspring Visor Deluxe (8MB grayscale) works perfectly with Cachemate! I'm glad I gave up on that Windows CE machine before investing any more time/energy/money on it. The Palm OS machine runs circles around the Windows machine and does exactly what I wanted it to do (and then some).

You can find a compatible Palm OS PDA on e-bay for $20.00 - $30.00 including S/H. My unit came with a leather case, USB docking station, and Palm OS 3.5 (necessary for running Cachemate). I'll NEVER go back to using paper for geocaching.

Good luck, I hope you find a suitable solution. :(