Whoops! Newbie Goof - Public Sculpture Managers

Sorry guys! I got so excited when I discovered the new "locationless cache" website that I added the group "Public Sculpture Managers" without reading that I needed to post the proposal. Just like me to read the directions after I'm done. :P

So if I need to just scrap that group and start from scratch let me know. I don't need to be the leader although I'm willing to put in the time because I love the category - Public Sculpture.

There are several "statue" categories, but what I'm proposing is Municipal Art. Many cities and towns have programs where they dedicate a percentage of taxes to sculpture commissions that are placed throughout the community. Often these sculptures are in places that few people wouldn't think to look for them. Where we live there is an incredible 12' tall kinetic wind sculpture in the far corner of a skateboard park. Another sits beside a grocery store at the entrance to a middle school. Many folks will never know that these pieces exist and that's a shame.

Often the public sculptures are in very busy areas and it's impossible to place a cache near them that won't be regularly muggled. Waymarking seems like the perfect answer. The category could specify that the sculptures not be memorials or statues of famous people that would better fit in the statue categories. I'm open for any suggestions - I just want to start seeing this art work!

Thanks for your understanding about my newbie mistake.

Creating a group for that sounds great, what you need to do now is to post a link here for others to sign up as officers in your newly created group; then write up a description and then you and the officers vote, it goes to peer review This was proposed some time ago but no one followed through on the idea. I think it is a worthy Category and stuff like this are missing from the list of art related Categories listed below:

• Art*o*mats • Murals

• Fiberglass Horses • Musical Instruments

• Garage Door Art • Outdoor Wind Harps

• Gargoyles • Painted Hydrants

• Graffiti • Statues

• Immortalized in Lyrics • Topiaries

• Junk Design Houses

The sculpture related Categories

Atlas Statues • Living Statues

• Dog Statues • Musician Statues

• Equestrian Statues • Sphinx Sculptures

• Insect Sculptures • U.S. Civil War General Statues

• Lion Statues • Whispering Giant Sculptures

Edited by chstress53

Thanks Chstress. I have my officers now, have designed the category details after exchanging emails, and now I'm just waiting for their votes. I narrowed the category a bit to "Abstract Public Sculpture" so as to avoid any overlap with the statue categories. Hopefully it will be up for peer review soon.

Do I need to post anything to the forum once it goes to peer review?

Edited by Hikenutty