Creative Use Of Micros

I just acquired six micro canisters, basically "one of each" of the variations from Sissy & CR's geocaching store.

The scuba-style is significantly larger than a standard bison capsule - slightly shorter than a hot-dog weener cut in half.

I'm not here to debate whether or not a micro should exist but rather what to do with these containers.

Some of this is obviously geography - find an area or structure that makes sense, don't "micro-spew."

That aside, I'm trying to think of something "witty" to do.

One idea is a set of two or three micros, each placed on a navigation buoy in a river and each containing partial coordinates for a large cache on an island situated between the buoys. Of course, this becomes only accessible to people with boats but I think it's got merit.

I don't really want to do a "multi". One thing I've appreciated about some of the caches around here is that they exist as independant caches (small, usually) but have partial coordinates for a final cache you can only get to if you find the other four or five. I like the "reward" of letting someone log a particular cache even if they don't visit all the others in the chain. But I digress...

Any ideas for "witty" micros, assuming a good location?

BTW: I LOVED one of the other ideas about a 9-volt battery powered cache. I'm definitely in to "Rube Goldberg-esque" caches like Australia's "AE-1" cache. (it's a freaking submarine!)

:P

One idea is a set of two or three micros, each placed on a navigation buoy in a river and each containing partial coordinates for a large cache on an island situated between the buoys.

I think that would be way kewl! You should check your local laws regarding placing something on a navigation bouy. I know here in Florida it would be frowned on. Maybe you could put one on a bouy, with a note inside that says "10' down", then clip another micro to the bouy chain 10' below the surface, with the coordinates to the final? Combine boating with swimming?

One idea is a set of two or three micros, each placed on a navigation buoy in a river and each containing partial coordinates for a large cache on an island situated between the buoys.

That would be fun, but be absolutely certain you have permission for something like that! I've thought about buoys in the past but rejected the idea as unworkable for that reason.

I'd have a serious concern with messing with a navigation aid. Folks around here take the issue very seriously--I'm thinking, a federal offense, but I'm not sure.

:P

I've seen micros used to good advantage in fake pieces of wooden foot bridges or fences in local parks. It's something that puts a cacher's "what doesn't belong" skills to the test.

/ :ph34r: