Garmin Garmin 60csx: Downloaded Route Not The Same As Mapsource?

This has bothered me for a while.

I will make a route in Mapsource (City Select), usually with just a few waypoints. With the way I have mapsource routing options adjusted, it creates a route that I want to take.

So I load that route into my 60csx, but when I tell the unit to follow the route, it recalculates some other route, which will often be VASTLY different from the route I chose when using mapsource on my computer, especially if it is a longer trip.

This is incredibly frustrating!!! It seems that the GPSr is only receiving the waypoints on the route and using some other means of calculation to create a route from those waypoints.

Is there any way to download the exact route from mapsource and have my GPSr actually follow that route? I know I can go in and add a bunch of via points along the Mapsource calculated route, but that seems tedious and should be unnecessary.

On my gpsV you have to tell it to NEVER recalculate the route if it gets off route (which is always is if you made the route in mapsource). I'll check my 60csx later and see what it does for me.

This has bothered me for a while.

I will make a route in Mapsource (City Select), usually with just a few waypoints. With the way I have mapsource routing options adjusted, it creates a route that I want to take.

So I load that route into my 60csx, but when I tell the unit to follow the route, it recalculates some other route, which will often be VASTLY different from the route I chose when using mapsource on my computer, especially if it is a longer trip.

This is incredibly frustrating!!! It seems that the GPSr is only receiving the waypoints on the route and using some other means of calculation to create a route from those waypoints.

Is there any way to download the exact route from mapsource and have my GPSr actually follow that route? I know I can go in and add a bunch of via points along the Mapsource calculated route, but that seems tedious and should be unnecessary.