Magellan Meridian Color

I just bought this unit to use for mostly roadtrips , hiking, camping etc. I just learned about geocaching and decided I would give it a try. I used my magellanmeridian today and it seemed to do an ok job. i was wondering if this is a good choice for geo caching . And what makes other units better or worse for this ? Is it just what features are included in the unit ?

thanks

Edited by fyrfightermudman

You made an excellent choice. It will work great for your stated needs. I have a Magellan Merigold that I bought new a few years ago. It is the same unit as yours but not color. Figure out how to use it well and have lots of fun with it. It will perform well.

Had my Color for about 2 yrs now and still learning about it, but overall am very pleased.

A notable is the "walk about," or something like that you might hear about. Magellans in general have a slower processor than Gamins so you can walk past GZ, typically around 20', then be brought back. My "workaround" is when I am 50'-100' feet out slow down, when around 20' am probably there so wait a couple of minutes for the unit to settle in.

Have fun!