Rebate Problems

:D:laughing: I think there is a scam going on by Garmin. I bought a new GPS MAP 76CSx. Just today I got a card from Garmin saying my rebate was denied. The postcard said I have an invalid serial number. I think Garmin know they may save a buck or two. Not everyone has time to go after a $100.00. I filled out all the paperwork very carefully, double checking everything and look what happens. I am very disappointed in Garmin and not sure what to do if anything. Has anyone on this Forum had this happen to them? A quick note on this unit GPSMAP 76CSx.. It is awesome! It even aquires in my house. If I have to fight for my rebate it will be the last Garmin I will ever own.

Contact them and check the serial number they have against the one on your unit. Make sure that the number you gave them actually IS the serial number and not a different number. On the 76CSx the number is under the power cord flap on the back. Remove the battery cover and it's easy to see.

OK, I sent my rebate stuff on 07/06/06, certified so I can prove they received it. I checked on it with USPS, and Garmin got it on the 11th. When I go to the rebate website, nothing appears. Is there an e-mail address for this sort of thing?

Thanks.

I had to wait quite a while before I got the email from the rebate place.

Thanks.

:huh::huh: I think there is a scam going on by Garmin. I bought a new GPS MAP 76CSx. Just today I got a card from Garmin saying my rebate was denied. The postcard said I have an invalid serial number. I think Garmin know they may save a buck or two. Not everyone has time to go after a $100.00. I filled out all the paperwork very carefully, double checking everything and look what happens. I am very disappointed in Garmin and not sure what to do if anything. Has anyone on this Forum had this happen to them? A quick note on this unit GPSMAP 76CSx.. It is awesome! It even aquires in my house. If I have to fight for my rebate it will be the last Garmin I will ever own.

I bought my 76CSx before the allowable date in the rebate program and I emailed Garmin requesting I be allowed the rebate and they said no problem.......got my rebate a few days back.....email them........what do you have to lose???? ;)

I just got an e-mail with my rebate tracking #. Still no status other than that on the rebate site.

Just got this available.

Track Your Rebate

Check Status of Rebate

Tracking Results: Status Details

Rebate: $100.00 Rebate Check

Rebate Information For: xxxxxxxxx

Promotion: Garmin GPSMAP 76Cx and 76CSx $100 Rebate

Submission Type: MAIL-IN

Date Received: 07-21-2006

Status Detail: Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing.

Edited by Centex Trekker

Don't get too excited. My rebate page has been saying that since July 8 -- today is July 28.

20 days of saying " Status Detail: Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing."

No rebate in the mail yet........

Same here rebate valid for final processing July 5th and still waiting but it should arrive.

Since my rebate page has said "Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing" since July 8th I decide to use the Contact Us link to ask how long it typically takes to actually receive the rebate once your page displays that message.

In order to use the contact page you have to fill out a number of required fields with name, email, phone, etc. No problem. However, ONE of the fields that is required is the manufacturer field. There is a large drop-down list to choose from and no way to manually enter a manufacturef. GARMIN IS NOT ON THE LIST. Therefore I am unable to get my query to go through. If this place is handling all of the Garmin rebates then why isn't Garmin on the list? At this point I'm pretty annoyed.

Since my rebate page has said "Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing" since July 8th I decide to use the Contact Us link to ask how long it typically takes to actually receive the rebate once your page displays that message.

In order to use the contact page you have to fill out a number of required fields with name, email, phone, etc. No problem. However, ONE of the fields that is required is the manufacturer field. There is a large drop-down list to choose from and no way to manually enter a manufacturef. GARMIN IS NOT ON THE LIST. Therefore I am unable to get my query to go through. If this place is handling all of the Garmin rebates then why isn't Garmin on the list? At this point I'm pretty annoyed.

Call Garmin direct. I ran into a slight problem and Garmin straightened it out immediately. I ask Garmin why they were not listed on the drop down list, and the rep said Garmin wanted to handle any problems themselves.

[quote name=BoudreauxLA' date='Aug 9 2006, 11:36 AM' post='2395304'

Call Garmin direct. I ran into a slight problem and Garmin straightened it out immediately. I ask Garmin why they were not listed on the drop down list, and the rep said Garmin wanted to handle any problems themselves.

Do you have the number handy? Never mind, let me re-phrase the question. I found these numbers on their site. Which one did you use?

Technical Support

(for all Garmin products

except Apollo aircraft)

- Monday — Friday

- 8 a.m. — 5 p.m.

Central time (closed holidays)

- 1-800-800-1020

- 1-888-442-7646

or

- (913) 397-8200

Garmin International Inc.

1200 East 151st Street