Etrex Legend Display Showed Just Lines Then Came On

I have an ETrex Legend that has worked pretty well for me for 3 years. Today I turned it on and the display showed just lines and a distorted picture of the startup screen. The batteries were fine but I switched them anyways. I turned it on and it did the same thing. Then after 30 seconds or so, the screen cleared right up. Anyone ever have this happen? Is this unit on it's way out? I used it for the rest of the day and it seemed to work fine.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks in advance,

tom

I was yesterday in my GPSshop. I had the usual prblems with the rubberband and klikstick and also now and then with the screen lik U. The guy told me it comes from a loose or dirty contact. The would al repair that in garantie. Cleaning up the contacts and glu the band. But after that we where agryed about that i have both a used gpsmap 60c and give my legend in payment.

Yep, it seems the Etrex series has a known problem with a loose connector. My 3 year old Vista has had it's share of thumping and hand bashing to keep it going and I have even had it taken apart to try and tighten the loose connection, It still does it's thing but a little more bashing fixes it once again for a little while. If you want more info on the fix, the link can be found here:

http://home.triad.rr.com/ralloh/Vista%20LED%20Repair.pdf