Streets And Trips Offline Html Page

In Streets and Trips 2006 I imported the HTML pages from GSAK. When I click on the link a dialog box opens asking me if I want to copy/move the file. This happens if I cntl+click on the push pin or if I open the pushpin information and click on the link. I can close the box and then the page opens correctly. The link is good and I can open it from other applications. Looks like a S&T issue. Anyone deal with this?

Also sent this to MS and posted over at GSAK.net

Another question; as you zoom out on a map there is a point at which the local and smaller roads no longer show up. Is there a way to get them to stay on or set the zoom level that they use?? There are some remote areas in Oklahoma like up in the panhanle that do not have state highways and they are all county roads and you cannot see the roads between towns if both towns are on the screen because you are zoomed out too far.

Do you mean the URL in the information box? I'm not really sure what you're asking.

If I open the pushpin information box, there is a URL that takes me to the geocaching page for that cache. Of course you must be connected to the internet.

If you export your cache pages from GSAK they are stored as local HTML pages so you do not need to be online to look at them. The URL then looks like this file:\\C:\GSAK\Caches\*.htm

Ok...I understand that but how do you then get them into S&T's???

I can read them by using your file path...and that's what I do in the field...but how do you "link" them into S&T pushpins??

Also, the data in the HTML pages is the same info you get from GSAK by clicking on the cache name. It's not the on-line information but the information from the zipped query file you loaded into GSAK. The URL page is "captured" when you ask for the query.

So if you download a query into GSAK, keep in mind the cache info you get on those HTML pages may be outdated based on the age of query.

Edited by 2LabCrew

Ok...I understand that but how do you then get them into S&T's???

I can read them by using your file path...and that's what I do in the field...but how do you "link" them into S&T pushpins??

Also, the data in the HTML pages is the same info you get from GSAK by clicking on the cache name. It's not the on-line information but the information from the zipped query file you loaded into GSAK. The URL page is "captured" when you ask for the query.

So if you download a query into GSAK, keep in mind the cache info you get on those HTML pages may be outdated based on the age of query.

First you export the cache pages as html files. Then when you export the push pins to S&T check the box that says "Use local URL for each waypoint" and then the path to the folder where they were stored. Hint: When you create a path do NOT use folders with spaces in their names. Now in S&T go into the properties of the push pin set and the tab that selects what information will be in the balloon and be sure the URL is checked. Now you can put the cursor on the pushpin and hit cntl+left click and the URL should open in IE. Very handy and no more going back and forth! You can also get to the page by double clicking the pushpin and then in the information balloon just click the URL.

Yes the data is off line but I do this each time before I go out so it is usually just a day old. Plus it is the same thing I have in my PDA.

Try it out and see how it works for you and let me know if you have the same issue I do in opening the pages.