How To Log Tb Mileage Without Drop?

leaplog

Hi everyone,

Did a search, but don't seem to find anything that addresses this particular question...

Is there a way to log mileage for a TB without dropping it in a cache? I took Beacon TB from Michigan on a Caribbean cruise and snapped pictures of it with a couple lighthouses. Unfortunately I didn't have time to drop it in a cache down there, and now it's back in Michigan.

Even though mileage is not the goal of this TB, it certainly seems a shame not to log the 4,000+ round-trip miles it traveled...

Thanks,

Leaplog

It has to visit a cache to log the mileage. Lighthouses are nice, but it has to visit a cache to gather miles. You can still post the photos, and tell stories, that's the best part, miles are just numbers, and that's not the most important thing. Having fun is. Post your photos and don't worry about the miles. I'm sure the owner will appreciate the fun and photos a lot more than added miles. I would if it was mine!

You could look up a cache near someplace you visited, and use the "post a note" log to virtually drop the bug in the cache. Then immediately retrieve the bug again. That way the bug gets the miles, and you don't have to log a "found it" on the cache in question.

Edited by darus67

You could look up a cache near someplace you visited, and use the "post a note" log to virtually drop the bug in the cache. Then immediately retrieve the bug again. That way the bug gets the miles, and you don't have to log a "found it" on the cache in question.

I think they were looking to log the mileage from the Caribbean.

You really shouldn't log a bug through a cache it never visited so they wanted an alternative method to rack up the miles.