Oopsie 60csx/76csx Map Question

hi,

i was out setting up my new 76csx and admiring the map page. when i came back to map page just have brown screen with little black tracing route dots-no map. i have tried to restore to factory settings but no luck. i feel stupid-any ideas anyone :cry:

Check and see, but on my old GPS I had the option in the settings of turning off the mapsource maps, and/or the base map. Maybe you pushed a button.

what i did do was calibrate the compass and i checked out the game screen-might have done something there. i have hit restore factory default-nothing but brown and black tracks. defective maybe??

[/quote ok i cleared my tracks and all my map page shows is a brown screen with tracks starting-i'm so stupid. how do i get the basemap back. thanks

what i did do was calibrate the compass and i checked out the game screen-might have done something there. i have hit restore factory default-nothing but brown and black tracks. defective maybe??

I think what happened was with the games. This is just a guess so I might be wrong:

I know the games modify the map page and fake the map out into drawing mazes and stuff, not the actual map of the area. My guess is it's stuck in game mode somehow. Have you tried getting a lock so you're not at N GAME, W GAME (lol)?

Also you could try a true factory reset, not just the one in the system setup page. To do this hold down Enter and Page while starting up and it should prompt to do a FULL system restore. I know this is the combo for my 60CSx, probably same for 76x's. If not check out http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/29/94 for key combos for various GPS units.

Good luck, I doubt your unit is broken, just in a weird mode.

On my 60cx you re-show the base maps by going to the map page, hit menu, scrol left or right until you see one of the map set listing, hit menu again. Then you have a bunch of options like reset default, or hide maps, hide base maps (or show), hide (show all). I'm thinking instead of hittng restore you hit hide all.

well, first i went out for a brewski-feeling a slight tense. then i came home, put a lock on a city, and restored the map. wow!! you would think that this would be mentioned somewhere in the book-probably is, just too much of a newbie to recognize it. that being said, this unit is great!!!- too many buttons not enough time- menus under menus!!! thanks all, i am feeling much better now! :P:P:ph34r::)