D.c. Caches In Public/tourist Areas?

Makendar

Basically, I'm visiting D.C. for a week through a program and such (June 25th-30th). Our schedule is pretty tight, but I was wondering if there are any caches in public places that we'll be visiting, namely:

- Any of the monuments

- The Smithsonian Museums

- The Kennedy Center

We'll also be stopping at the Heritage Foundation, the CATO Institute, Camden Yard in Baltimore, and the National Association of Manufacturers, as well as staying at Georgetown University, in case that helps any.

I'm only asking because seeking caches only gives you distance/direction/title, and it's kind of hard for me to tell whether or not any D.C. caches will be at any of those public places we're visiting.

Thanks in advance,

~Ethan

Just came back from a few days there again, there are plenty of virtual caches along the Mall in touristy areas. There is a scattering of physical caches (few in Georgetown for example) around there too.

Not sure what you mean by "seeking caches only gives you distance/direction/title", you could browse the caches on a map on this site

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/gmnearest.a...mlng=-77.036758

I'm not sure if the bookmark list will give you the location of a cache. I have placed many of the cool DC virtuals in my cool virtual bookmark list. Of couse there's virtuals from all over so you would have to sort them. I highly suggest doing Awakenings and I Can See Lincoln From Here (Do this one at night.) Those were my two faves. The FDR Memorial was a beautiful area for a virtual as well. Enjoy your trip and utilize the Metro. A day pass is cheaper than parking and it's much more efficient that trying to fight traffic.

May be a little late to help the OP, but just in case anyone else wanders along, I'll Markwell my own post and suggest looking in this older thread for some physical caches in and around the touristy areas of Washington, DC.

Further, there are a couple new caches in Georgetown published over the weekend: Spy Hard-Lee (GCWPAF) and Stair Stepper Cache (GCWQZB). Also, a new one in Chinatown: Spy Hard-Booth (GCWQ4C)