Using Mapsource Software On Multiple Computers

i am going to australia and the only computer i will have acces to there is my brothers laptop. i want to load the maps onto the GPS from my Desktop now so i can get everything figured out but by loading the software onto my desktop first is it going to prevent me from using the software on his laptop to load different parts of the maps onto the GPSr. thanks

i am going to australia and the only computer i will have acces to there is my brothers laptop. i want to load the maps onto the GPS from my Desktop now so i can get everything figured out but by loading the software onto my desktop first is it going to prevent me from using the software on his laptop to load different parts of the maps onto the GPSr. thanks

No, you can load it on multiple computers. Load it, upgrade it and download your registration codes.

Garmin's locked products are locked to the GPS, not the PC. That is, your unlock code will unlock maps for a particular GPS, and you should be able to install Mapsource and the mapsets on any PC you have access to in order to download specific maps from the mapset to the "licensed" GPS.

Now if you want to download the maps to more than one GPS or change which GPS the mapset is unlocked for, that's a different problem....

ok thanks for the fast replies

now i have another question i found a free basic map of australia on the web and i loaded it on the GPS but now i want to get rid of it in favor of the metro guide map. i cant figure out how to remove the extra loaded map of australia. thanks

Typically when you load a new mapset into your GPS it erases the previously loaded maps.