Custom Poi Problem

Red90

I'm not sure if it is the new version of the POI software or the new 60CX firmware. When I load POIs, it applies a 400 meter proximity alert to all points and does not transfer the note data. The files are the same as in the past, so it is something with the software.

Anyone else having this problem??

I think the problem is with the POI software. Try selecting "Manual" mode. Then for each set of POI's Deselect the " This file contains proximity alerts points" check box. That should work for you. I think something I put in the file makes the software think its a proximity point. I didn't check into it much as the workaround wasn't that hard.

Good luck.

I have tried that and it does not affect things. I have tried CSV and GPX files. Everything gets proximity alerts attached to them. It can't be just me.

This is with the new version of the POI software, version 2.3.1 and the new 60CX firmware 2.90

Edited by Red90

I did not know there was an updated version of the POI Loader. I have a 60CSX with 2.90. I am having issues with proximity POIs locking up my map so I decided to try the new version of POI Loader. It definitely is your problem as the same thing happened to me.

I still have 2.21 but it is too big to email you.

I uninstalled the new version and reinstalled 2.21 and it still had the proximity alerts. So I uninstalled it again and took a look at the registry. There was a tab for the POI loader. I deleted it and then reinstalled 2.21 and I no longer got the proximity alerts on all the POIs.

So it looks like the new version does something to the registry that causes the problem.

I'm not sure if it is the new version of the POI software or the new 60CX firmware. When I load POIs, it applies a 400 meter proximity alert to all points and does not transfer the note data. The files are the same as in the past, so it is something with the software.

Anyone else having this problem??

Not sure if this plays into it, but I had this similar problem with some MapSource waypoints I had and had converted my .gdb file to a .gpx file. In this case I had proximities set from MapSource, and when they came in as custom POIs they kept the proximity settings and it dropped my notes (comment field). I had to go back into MapSource and remove the old proximity setting by checking the "Unknown" box under the waypoint properties.