Feature Request - Insta-notify Bookmarks

Ollivander

I can already create a pocket query based on bookmarks - how about insta-notify subscriptions? If I go away for a weekend, I may not have access to the internet, but I can still receive notification emails via my cell phone - and would like to be notified if any caches on my bookmark list have been de-activated or archived.

I can already create a pocket query based on bookmarks - how about insta-notify subscriptions? If I go away for a weekend, I may not have access to the internet, but I can still receive notification emails via my cell phone - and would like to be notified if any caches on my bookmark list have been de-activated or archived.

You can already get instant email notification of any logs posted to caches in a bookmark.

You can already get instant email notification of any logs posted to caches in a bookmark.

Yeah, but I don't want my cell phone going off telling me of everyone who found the cache, dropped a travel bug, posted a note, etc. Especially since the cell phone companies decided to target text messaging as a profit center.

Yeah, but I don't want my cell phone going off telling me of everyone who found the cache, dropped a travel bug, posted a note, etc. Especially since the cell phone companies decided to target text messaging as a profit center.

My geocaching email account is actually a gmail account, which simply forwards all the email to my regular mailbox. The advantage of doing this is that you can filter the mail first, and you can hold some or all of your geocaching email when you're on vacation, without worrying about filling up your mailbox (you're never going to fill up a gmail account mailbox).

It would be trivial to set up gmail filter to forward all your geocaching email to your current mailbox, and forward email from a specific bookmark, with a specific action (archived, disabled, etc.) to a different mailbox.

Edited by Prime Suspect