Lowrance Expedition C - Speedometer Screen

My Lowrance Expedition C is still impressing me. I took it down the Mississippi River in my kayak and it maintained position lock even while locking through the locks and dams. These locks have 50+ feet of walls when drained. Anyway, pretty awesome.

I'm not sure if anyone else has posted on this feature before- but if you quickly press the Exit button (not the Enter button as my post title mistakenly says) 3 times, it brings up a speedometer dial. It's just like the speedometer dial on your car- even has an odometer. I haven't found this feature listed in the user manual- which doesn't surprise me- the manual is in desperate need of an update. It's a great unit though- and it's very intuitive to figure out just by using it.

I've used this feature while riding my bike or paddling my kayak- it lets me quickly see how fast I'm going.

Edited by kidnitro

Yes I've found the speedometer screen in my iFinder Pro as well. It's an undocumented feature, so no it isn't mentioned in the owners manual.

I've used this feature while riding my bike or paddling my kayak- it lets me quickly see how fast I'm going.

You know the trip calculator keeps track of maximum speed right? I've often used mine while snowmobiling to see "how fast she'll go" lol. Reset the trip meter, put GPS in pocket, take the snowmobile for a top speed burst. Stop & see what the max speed was.

Also, not sure if the Expedition C has this or not... While on the Satellite status screen, press the V down arrow a couple times quickly, and you'll see a very detailed satellite information screen with several columsn of technical info about the incoming signals. Not sure what they all mean, but is probably useful for technical diagnostics etc..

Cool... I didn't know that about the satellite screen. Thanks, I'll check it out.

Yeah, I reset my trip data every time I go out. The only thing I wish it had was a timestamp on the plotted track points. Maybe it does- but I have yet to figure it out.

No, track points are just sequential coordinates. If you set up the track to be time based (like a point every second) then you have an implied timestamp.

On the speedometer, if you press the zoom in or zoom out buttons, you change the top speed on the meter.

Cool... I didn't know that about the satellite screen. Thanks, I'll check it out.

Yeah, I reset my trip data every time I go out. The only thing I wish it had was a timestamp on the plotted track points. Maybe it does- but I have yet to figure it out.