Trying To Go Paperless... But Gonna End Up Hairless!

Hi,

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I just bought a Sharp Wizard OZ-590A and I'm trying to set it up for paperless caching. Does anyone know which software will work with my Sharp? :lol:

I'm not familiar with that line of PDA, but a quick check at www.sharpusa.com makes it look like it's a proprietary OS, i.e. not compatible with either Palm or Windows Mobile. As such, there's no software specifically designed for it to allow you to cache with it.

However, if it has the ability to display HTML code, you can probably find or adapt a utility to convert cache pages to information that can be stored and displayed on this PDA in the field.

In the long run you'll be a lot happier if you just buy a cheap used Palm or compatible and run Cachemate on it.

Hi,

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I just bought a Sharp Wizard OZ-590A and I'm trying to set it up for paperless caching. Does anyone know which software will work with my Sharp? :lol:

I've used Sharp OZ products for years. Tried this one to go paperless and ended up spending $15.00 on a Palm Visor. It's the only way to go.

It seems it is more like a personal organizer than a PDA. As it seems to use it's own software it looks like you have to use that. According to the product description of the manufacturer's site there is a memo function. If it can be synchronised with the PC copy paste of the cache description from the cache page to the desktop memo application and synchronising it to the organizer might help. Passwords might be recorded on site with a similar way. Other than that picture synch or other features might not necessarily be available.

I'd recommend a Palm product if this is not sufficient for you.

It seems it is more like a personal organizer than a PDA. As it seems to use it's own software it looks like you have to use that. According to the product description of the manufacturer's site there is a memo function. If it can be synchronised with the PC copy paste of the cache description from the cache page to the desktop memo application and synchronising it to the organizer might help. Passwords might be recorded on site with a similar way. Other than that picture synch or other features might not necessarily be available.

I'd recommend a Palm product if this is not sufficient for you.