Pocket Query By State

MotorBug

While planning a trip to the mid-west, I ran a couple of PQs by state. North Dakota returned 263 caches, while Colorado returned the max 500 caches but had some blank areas when plotted.

What I would like to know is, for a state that clearly has more than 500 caches, how does a PQ by state identify the 500 that are provided?

I'm not sure how it is divided up, but if you can specify placement dates to split up the caches into different queries. Use the 'Placed On" function to get the first 480 caches placed in the state. (Not 500 to handle any offline caches that come back online.) The next query would start the day after the previous one cut off, and so on.

Hope this helps.

What I would like to know is, for a state that clearly has more than 500 caches, how does a PQ by state identify the 500 that are provided?

There's no real sort order when you do a statewide query. It's better used as a filtering mechanism for, say, distance queries from a point when you want to filter out caches in other states, or getting a recent statewide list of new caches.