My Magellan Gps Won't Connect To Software

Help

I have a Megallan SportrakColor GPS which came with a serial cable. I also purchased the serial to USB

adapter with software drivers for the Megallan GPS. I loaded EasyGPS as a try to learn to transfer data to and from my GPS. The problem I have is that my GPS will not communicate with my CPU. I am using a USB hub to connect to the GPS. On EasyGPS there is a set up window but in communication links it doesn't give an option for serial to USB. Do I need to do something else?

Try this solution.

1) install the converter and the drivers.

2) go into control panel>system>hardware>device manager>ports(com & LPT) to find out what com port is assigned

to the converter

3) set up easyGPS to use the com port that was identified.

You may have to shut down and restart before it will work.

Help

I have a Megallan SportrakColor GPS which came with a serial cable. I also purchased the serial to USB

adapter with software drivers for the Megallan GPS. I loaded EasyGPS as a try to learn to transfer data to and from my GPS. The problem I have is that my GPS will not communicate with my CPU. I am using a USB hub to connect to the GPS. On EasyGPS there is a set up window but in communication links it doesn't give an option for serial to USB. Do I need to do something else?

Thankyou for your reply. I tried your suggestions and everything looked ok until I tried to send/receive from my GPS. I still get a message "no data received from the GPS". Does this mean that the CPU is talking to the GPS and that it can't find data to transfer or does it mean communication is still not achieved.

Help

Thankyou for your reply. I tried your suggestions and everything looked ok until I tried to send/receive from my GPS. I still get a message "no data received from the GPS". Does this mean that the CPU is talking to the GPS and that it can't find data to transfer or does it mean communication is still not achieved.

Normally means the later. :rolleyes::P:)