Bug: Usernames With Spaces

Audion64

A friend of mine recently signed up and wanted a username... which was already taken. So I told him to use the 'trick' I did... I put a space at the end of my name "Audion ", visually it looks the same and hasn't caused any issue. I do have to tell people if they are searching for me to use the extra space but other than that no problem.

Well, my friend sorta goofed up and put the space at the front of his name.... " name". Again, you have to know how to search to find his profile but it works and finds his profile just fine. But, if when viewing his profile you click on the link to show his "Caches found" it doesn't take you to his list of caches but rather the list of caches found by "Name", no space at the front.

My account with the hidden space at the end of the name works fine as far as I know.

BTW, if you manually search for "Caches found by" " name" it works correctly. Just seems to be the internal link on the profile page that links to the wrong page.

Edited by Audion

Well, I typed in 'Audion' with, and without the space. I am taken to the same profile page either way. And that is the same profile I get when I click on your username here in your post.

Apparently the site has been able to deal with your version of 'the trick', but not the version your friend used.

I'm sure you meant well, but your friend should not have tried to 'trick' the site, and chosen another username.

Normally I'd say the admins can fix it for him, but with the username lockdown now in place, he might just have to live with that little monster.

I now see we have until tomorrow, May 22nd, to get our changes done!

Edited by AZcachemeister