Custom Gc Containers

I work for one of the largest manufacturers of plastic containers, dinky size, to size to accomodate a small family.

I'm on the Cad/Cam side so have NO connection with marketing, but just curious if there might be an "ideal"

cache container with logo et al..A Plastic ammo box perhaps??

I work for one of the largest manufacturers of plastic containers, dinky size, to size to accomodate a small family.

I'm on the Cad/Cam side so have NO connection with marketing, but just curious if there might be an "ideal"

A Plastic Ammo Box! That sounds interesting, what would the hinge be made of? Could you lock it to a tree or something.

I like to use non-traditional containers to make the finds a little more interesting. I wont use tupperware. I have one pvc cache, one decon container, one unique micro, and one antique coffee can.

i dont think there is an ideal. somethings to consider are, how well is it naturally camo'ed (or how easy it is to camo), how water tight it is, and how interesting it is. would you want to find a cache container looking like this?

Do you have any pictures of what you make? What company do you work for (if you are allowed to say)?

Edit Add: It would be cool to get containers that had Geocaching printed or molded into them!

Edited by JakeBond

I like the idea of a logo emblazzened or embossed container or containers in various sizes. The biggest issue for us is long-term durability and strong enough to withstand weather and wildlife attempts to wreck it. It might help some of the bomb-scare worries for some to have a box that's already camo'd but semi-translucent to a strong light so it can be examined without opening it first.

We're partial to ammo cans though. We like that they're tough enough to withstand rocks, limbs, etc. being placed on them or even being dropped roughly on rocks which sooner or later is likely to happen. They take paint and glues readily and last for a really, really long time. We've used them in various abusive environs (like sheds and work barns) and managed to spill plenty of different liquids on them (and in them) without wrecking them. Pretty hard to beat.

The other container we've only recently tried are the lexan (or plastic) sport bottles with wide mouth caps. They fit well into lot's of locations and come in a variety of colors. Green and grey are great and they can be roughed up with sandpaper to take the shine off easily.

So waterproof, logo emblazzoned, camo'd and tough in a variety of sizes and shapes. I like the size of the 30mm can best, but I'd like to see something that tough about half the size, too. What I like best though is the idea of a camo cover for 30mm cans. One of our local cachers always covers his various different kinds of cache containers in nylon or stuff sack type bags. The cloth is great for keep containers from freezing to their surroundings and sometimes easier to camo than the containers themselves.

Why not tupperwear JakeBond? Is there something about the material?

i have nothing personal against tupperware, and they serve their purpose very effectively.

However I find they have no character. I love ammo boxes (tho ive never planted one) beacause they have character. ive used a decon container.

i found a tupperware container near a cemetary recently and it just seemed so trashy. I just personally like to put more thought into my containers.

I regularly seach ebay and the web for new/clever containers.

my most recent cache container

WARNING A PARTIAL SPOILER FOR NYC CACHERS

http://i4.ebayimg.com/05/i/06/f8/38/56_1.JPG

A Lock n Lock style container with a flat, camo finish would be nearly perfect.

I'm not a fan of tupperware either, plastic with a screw on lid is better, ammo box best. I think for our elements in this area tupperware just doesn't hold up well, seems like the lid always leaks, at least with a screw down lid it's less likely someone will put it on wrong. So, if one is going to be made and marketed....