Pocket Queries

:tired: Ok, I am a premium member. I go to "Build Pocket Queries". I answer the questions, mostly basics and then hit submit. It comes back saying no results found. I've done this 4 times now. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Please can someone give me step by step examples. I'm sorry to ask, I am very computer literate, but this seems to be kicking my butt. Maybe I'm not thinking outside of the box.

Thanks,

Sharnie <_<

It's usually a contention. 'Show me all of this, but none of that"

Thank you for replying. I have tried several things. I did get some results when I did not choose "From Orgin", but I only got 10 caches and some where over 100 miles away. I just don't see what I'm doing wrong. Maybe printing the pages off instead of trying to go "paperless" is just not worth it. errrrrrrr

Thanks,

Sharnie <_<

Check the radio buttons carefully ... I frequently forget to highlight the right item and my query ends up using the wrong criteria (for example, if search by coordinates, make sure you hit the radio button for coordinates instead of taking the default setting which I think it by state or something like that).

You might find this thread helpful in sorting through your problem. Without knowing the particulars of your query, it is difficult to know where the breakdown is, though this post in that thread may be the solution.

Good luck.

Thank you Thank you Thank you ! ! ! ! That worked! I was choosing Oklahoma and my zip code, so it was confusing things. Just for the record, I did a search all day yesterday and that post you gave me did not come up. I wonder why, because that answered all questions.

Again, thank you.

Sharnie :(

One of the best sources of information on paperless caching that I have found is at Geocaching U at this location He explains how to upload pocket queries to your Palm PDA using GPX Spinner and Plucker. I found that you can also upload individual cache pages (gpx format) using the same programs and procedures. If you wanted to load some Geocaching pages into your PDA before getting your pocket query request back by email, this would be a good way to do it.