Update Coordinates Log Type

AB4N

What does the Update Coordinates log type do? There are no fields to enter new coords, so does it notify the reviewer? Is it to be used after changing the coords to notify users? Both? Couldn't find any info so thought I'd ask.

Use the "Update Coordinates" log type whenever making minor adjustments to the location of your cache. For example, early finders report that the coordinates are 50 feet off, and they supply better readings, or you need to move your cache to a different hiding spot due to muggles, squirrels, etc.

If you need to make significant adjustments to your coordinates, please contact your volunteer cache reviewer.

To access the field for changing the coordinates of your cache:

1. When logged in as the cache owner, click on the link to edit the cache.

2. Look at the field where the coordinates are specified. You'll see that they are "frozen."

3. Below the coordinates is a link for changing the coordinates via a log entry. Click that link.

4. Up pops a window for an "Update Coordinates" log. Enter the new coordinates in the data input fields provided -- NOT in the body of the log. Use the text entry field to provide an explanation for why you are making the change.

5. Submit the log and you will see that the new coordinates then show up at the top of the page (there may be a slight delay while the server catches up).

Use the "Update Coordinates" log type whenever making minor adjustments to the location of your cache. For example, early finders report that the coordinates are 50 feet off, and they supply better readings, or you need to move your cache to a different hiding spot due to muggles, squirrels, etc.

If you need to make significant adjustments to your coordinates, please contact your volunteer cache reviewer.

To access the field for changing the coordinates of your cache:

1. When logged in as the cache owner, click on the link to edit the cache.

2. Look at the field where the coordinates are specified. You'll see that they are "frozen."

3. Below the coordinates is a link for changing the coordinates via a log entry. Click that link.

4. Up pops a window for an "Update Coordinates" log. Enter the new coordinates in the data input fields provided -- NOT in the body of the log. Use the text entry field to provide an explanation for why you are making the change.

5. Submit the log and you will see that the new coordinates then show up at the top of the page (there may be a slight delay while the server catches up).

Thank you sir, for the detailed explaination.

What is a significant adjustment - how far will the log allow the coords to be moved; 527 feet?

Edited by AB4N

Thanks fior that,

Anybody with a webcam cache please be aware that the "Update Coordinates" log entry is not available. This may apply to other types of Cache as wel I don't know.

I have been going crazy fro the last 2 weeks trying to update my cache entry (the webcam location had been moved) when I asked the administrator for help he told me to do it myself, when I said I culdn't see how I was ignored, obviously this is something the administrators do not know about.