Garmin Nuvi 350

rdwags

Does anyone have a Nuvi 350? Can this be used for geocaching? I don't see where it gives the longitude and latitudes.

Thanks-

My guess is that there is some way to enter lat and long, and if so, then yes, technically you could use it. According to Garmin, you should be able to enter up to 500 Waypoints into it - somehow... But, do you really need the ability to show DVD clips while hiking in the woods? I agree with crodad -- I'd hesitate to take an $800 GPSr into the woods, or even into the suburbs, with me. You can find much cheaper GPSr's that will do everything you need for caching. If you haven't bought the Nuvi yet, and don't mind the cost, check out the 60 and 76 series (ex., Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx) -- they do all of the on road mapping/navigating, but they also work VERY well for caching. They're just more expensive than I'm willing to pay, but they're a LOT cheaper than the Nuvi. (no MP3 capabilities though...)

I have the NUVI and use it for geocaching. They recently updated the firmware and you can now enter the lat/long coordinates. It still doesn't track though. But I love how it directs me by voice to get to a GC location in the city. No need to fumble with street maps and waste time driving in a zig zag manner.

My primary use for it is car navigation (80%) and geocaching (20%). The price is a bit steep ($580 online) if you only use it as a geocaching device, there are more suitable devices out there. But for my pragmatic uses, it's great. In my opinion there is none better for car navigation. It's not too bad for geocaching either. If I'm in the woods, I just take good care of it like I would my digital camera which I also bring with me. It's fairly durable and well built.

If your primary uses for it would be like mine, you won't be dissapointed.

Restie