Map Editing Software

Hi folks!

I have been using the above software to download my GPS data of where I have biked so as to produce maps to share with a mountain bike club.

Unfortunately, my path is shown as ugly black lines and big ugly black dots. I would rather use a highlighted color instead so as to print a more attractive map.

I would also consider deleting other pieces of info and even adding text. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Software that might handle what I am trying to do?

Thanks,

Rich

Short of buying a mapping software package which usually gives you much better track editing tools, you can start with the latest version (6.10.2) of Mapsource which is a free download from Garmin. They have added the option of assigning tracks to display with a wide range of colours. It can be accessed by going into track properties.

Olar

Hi folks!

I have been using the above software to download my GPS data of where I have biked so as to produce maps to share with a mountain bike club.

Unfortunately, my path is shown as ugly black lines and big ugly black dots. I would rather use a highlighted color instead so as to print a more attractive map.

I would also consider deleting other pieces of info and even adding text. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rich

I do something similar, but I dowload the tracks to National Geographic's TOPO! State Series maps. They offer a wide variety of track styles and it's way cool to see you trails laid out on a 24K topo map. The maps are pricey (each state set is about $90-100), but I have more fun with them than any of the other map sets I own.

Hi folks!

Thanks,

Rich

I do something similar, but I dowload the tracks to National Geographic's TOPO! State Series maps. They offer a wide variety of track styles and it's way cool to see you trails laid out on a 24K topo map. The maps are pricey (each state set is about $90-100), but I have more fun with them than any of the other map sets I own.