Can All Gps Units Use Rechargeable Batteries?

It may be a totally stupid question, but I am only finding confusing answers. We are getting tired of buying alkaline AAs for our Explorist 100 and want to upgrade to something we can connect to the computer (we want to go paperless). We've decided to upgrade to the 60 CSx, but not if we will still have to use alkalines. Can you use rechargeable AAs with this unit???

It may be a totally stupid question, but I am only finding confusing answers. We are getting tired of buying alkaline AAs for our Explorist 100 and want to upgrade to something we can connect to the computer (we want to go paperless). We've decided to upgrade to the 60 CSx, but not if we will still have to use alkalines. Can you use rechargeable AAs with this unit???

The 60CSX can use NiMH rechargables. I think it has issues with LI rechargables though, at least from what I've gleaned in the forum that I'm moving this thread to. :lol:

Edited by briansnat

The 60CSX can use NiMH rechargables. I think it has issues with LI rechargables though, at least from what I've gleaned in the forum that I'm moving this thread to. ^_^

Do LI rechargeables even exist? If so, do they last longer between charges than NiMH? I thought the only common Lithium AA battery out there was the non-rechargeable Energizers. If I heard it right, the 60CSx problem was with those Energizer Lithium non-rech batteries; it went something like if you put them in brand new, they actually had something like "too much charge" and the unit misread them as being dead, but if you put it for even a few seconds into a flashlight or radio the unit read them. I know there's a lot of topics in this forum there so search on something like "Lithium" and I'm sure you'll find it, I won't "Markwell" it at the moment. ^_^

If you do end up using rechargables, I and many many others on here (again, won't "Markwell" it, but lots about it out there :) ) recommend the 2500 MAh Energizer rechargables, they last a lot longer per charge than many other NiMH batteries.

Edited by HaLiJuSaPa