On Line Form For Posting A Cache

Poidawg

Am I getting this right, if I uncheck the box at the top of the form, my post will just hang out until I finish adding all the information, then I check the box for review, is this right?

When I am filling out the online form under details there is a place for a short description and a long description, are these posted on the cache page as is, or are they for the reviewer or both, is it possible to clean up copy after a review or not?

After it gets reviewed, is there a chance to put in all of those cool blue international symbols?

If I have specific directions to access the cache, where should I put this information....

The more information you all can give me the better I can make my cache page and the happier you will be with me! Thanks!!

Am I getting this right, if I uncheck the box at the top of the form, my post will just hang out until I finish adding all the information, then I check the box for review, is this right?

Do you mean this: "Yes, this listing is active"? If that is unchecked, you can work and rework your page until you are ready to submit it for review. Nobody but you will see it.

When I am filling out the online form under details there is a place for a short description and a long description, are these posted on the cache page as is, or are they for the reviewer or both, is it possible to clean up copy after a review or not?

Those are part of the cache description and will be seen by everybody. In my cache (GCT0M3), the short description is the paragraph discussing Parking. This description can be ANYTHING you want, I just chose to use it for parking information. For you, it could be an abbreviated blurb about the cache.

The long description in my cache starts at the "Welcome to The Great Pumpkin Escape! - a Badger Cache." line. This area is considerably larger for detailed information about your cache.

You can edit the cache page description areas after a successful review.

After it gets reviewed, is there a chance to put in all of those cool blue international symbols?

If you mean the cache attributes (which are black, not blue), you can add those at any time, even after your cache has been published. If you aren't talking about these, I don't know what you are referring to, so ignore this line. :laughing:

If I have specific directions to access the cache, where should I put this information....

Add the parking coordinates as one of teh waypoints once you submit your cache (but before you click the box to allow the reviewer to review the cache). If you want extra text additions, go for it! Either the short or long description areas would be fine for this.

The more information you all can give me the better I can make my cache page and the happier you will be with me! Thanks!!

No problem! We all have to get started somewhere!

If you want to use html on the cache page you need to check the box that says, " the descriptions below are in html"

You can edit your cache page before and after review. You can't change the cache type after review and you can only shift the coords so far without a reviewer's help. You can add attributes at any time and change them.

Once you've filled in a cache submission form you can look at the cache page it will generate - this even without checking the "this cache is currently active" box. You might want to check out the maps and the nearest caches links right on the cache page. Make sure the maps match your expectations of your cache site and that your cache isn't too near an existing cache (closer than .1 mile).

New England NooB - Great information, thanks so much. I checked out your cache page - WOW, very impressive. My cache is intended to be a tribute as well, only for people who are still alive - who have made a tremendous positive impact on my life, and actually showed me the place I intend to place my cache. Sorry to hear about Eric's passing, makes me sad I did not know him, sounds like he was a great guy!!

Thanks so much.

New England NooB - Great information, thanks so much. I checked out your cache page - WOW, very impressive. My cache is intended to be a tribute as well, only for people who are still alive - who have made a tremendous positive impact on my life, and actually showed me the place I intend to place my cache. Sorry to hear about Eric's passing, makes me sad I did not know him, sounds like he was a great guy!!

Thanks so much.

Aw shucks. Thanks for the compliments. If you look around at some of the cache pages, there are some awesome ones out there. One puzzle cache has a -moving- sphere written in Java or something. Now THAT is cool. :huh:

I did not know Eric personally, but I know the guys and gals who were close to him. It was his impact on people & his ethics in regard to geocaching that made me want to be included on teh Badger Patrol. If you click the badger map at the bottom of the page, it will take you to his main tribute page.

Please post here when your cache is reviewed and published! I would love to read it. Sounds nice!

Additionally, Isonzo Karst made good points, especially making sure there is not a cache nearby (within .1 mile).

Edited by New England n00b