How To Load More Than One .loc

zahadoom

Hi, I can't figure out how to load up more than one location file at a time. Everytime I load a new one, the old one goes away!

I even downloaded easygps and it does the same thing, just opens up a new file evertime, and doesnt overlay the .loc's on the same page?

Help please?

Hi, I can't figure out how to load up more than one location file at a time. Everytime I load a new one, the old one goes away!

I even downloaded easygps and it does the same thing, just opens up a new file evertime, and doesnt overlay the .loc's on the same page?

Help please?

easy gps automatically opens individual loc files, it does not merge them or least by default(i dont know how to force it to merge loc files). i would suggest you looking into gsak. it may appear overwhelming and complicated at first but it is able to maintain a database of caches and each loc or gpx file you open in it is added to the database.

i would give gsak a try

The process is a bit clunky, but I found the following works ...

Open Mapsource and import your first loc file.

Save the file as a GDB file.

Open the next loc file.

Choose Edit->Select All, then Edit->Copy

Open the original GDB file

Choose Edit->Paste

Save the GDB (which now has both sets of LOC files).

Edited by Lasagna

if you go to like the page of closest 20 caches to your house, then click the check all box at teh bottom, save that, and then open it in mapsource there are 20. I save idividual lists of 20, load tehm all on my gps, then import from device, giving you a list that combines all of the pages of 20, up to 1000 waypoints.

The process is a bit clunky, but I found the following works ...

Open Mapsource and import your first loc file.

Save the file as a GDB file.

Open the next loc file.

Choose Edit->Select All, then Edit->Copy

Open the original GDB file

Choose Edit->Paste

Save the GDB (which now has both sets of LOC files).

Well now that's a bit backwards ... but thinking about it ... that would work. Just individually load all the LOC's into a GPSr initially empty of waypoints and then use Mapsource to upload the waypoints back into the system.

What works for me is that I download the .loc file, save it in a file (my desktop), open mapsource, open the file I just downloaded then send the waypoints to the GPS.

If you want to save the waypoints in mapsource you have to save the mapsource file before you close it, just like any other software - if you close without saving your changes you are SOL. Name your file whatever you want - tada you did it.

Don't forget to select more than one cache to download at a time, there are little check boxes on the right side, just check the ones you want to download

Edited by bogleman