"multiple Waypoints" For A Waymark?

There's a category proposal bouncing around for Scenic or Tourist Railroad and one characteristic of these is there may be multiple stops involved.

So, I recall a discussion but can't find it on a suggestion for having a multiple (yet variable) number of waypoints for a waymark.

Regardless, does anyone know if multiple (and variable number of) waypoints can be specified in the waymark variables?

There's a category proposal bouncing around for Scenic or Tourist Railroad and one characteristic of these is there may be multiple stops involved.

So, I recall a discussion but can't find it on a suggestion for having a multiple (yet variable) number of waypoints for a waymark.

Regardless, does anyone know if multiple (and variable number of) waypoints can be specified in the waymark variables?

Think you can have up to 4 coords per waymark... the main coord and 3 variable coords. This can be set currently if the category owner offers the variable.

This is interesting.

How does this variable work?

In regards to the tourist railroads I was thinking about having a waymark per stop if a ticket could be purchased at that location for the regular railroads.

For trolley lines I was thinking of a waymark for each end of the line since most trolley lines have multiple and varied stops.

This variable thing may be the way to go but I just don't understand it right now.

You can create additional waypoint variables but these are usually meant to be for things like parking locations. Personally I'd prefer two separate waymarks for origin and destination so it maps right.

So if I took the Silverton to Durango train trip I would have a mark for both Silverton and Durango.

You can create additional waypoint variables but these are usually meant to be for things like parking locations. Personally I'd prefer two separate waymarks for origin and destination so it maps right.

So if I took the Silverton to Durango train trip I would have a mark for both Silverton and Durango.

This is very similar to the issue we have with Ferries and Ferry Landings. Having a waymark for each ferry landing / terminal is pretty straightforward. The hard part is how to handle the ferry itself -- that problem may not be solvable, given the mobility of the ferry. The difficulty in how to handle the ferry as a waymark is too bad, considering that while some people visit train stations for non-train-related reasons (e.g., dining, motion picture viewing), I haven't seen too many ferry landings / terminals that are attractions in their own right.

The hard part is how to handle the ferry itself -- that problem may not be solvable, given the mobility of the ferry.

Unsolvable now, but perhaps in the future we'd have access to tracking data. Our goal is to allow movable objects to be tracked in near real time. For the concept of Waymarking to work now, however, the goal is to find stationary objects. And since you'll ultimately see the ferry at the terminal it covers all the bases given the current technology anyway.

Thank you this answers my question.

Thank you this answers my question.

You bet. I'd also definitely recommend to anyone to take the Durango & Silverton ride in Colorado too :mad:

Unsolvable now, but perhaps in the future we'd have access to tracking data. Our goal is to allow movable objects to be tracked in near real time. For the concept of Waymarking to work now, however, the goal is to find stationary objects. And since you'll ultimately see the ferry at the terminal it covers all the bases given the current technology anyway.

I for the record am thoroughly hoping that you guys can do this because I think this would be hella cool. (As I'm sure you realize via my more off the wall movable objects and railroad cars proposals).