Caches Near City Of London Airport?

I'm travelling down for the day in a couple of weeks. I've downloaded caches onto Memory Map, but it doesn't look like there are any caches easily accessible from City airport. Or am I mistaken? Then I'm off to a place near Regent's Park, and it looks like there's one cache that I might be able to nab next to the lake if I have time. Jehangir is disabled, and Ive done the rest along the canal. So, a possible tally of one for the day!

I'm travelling down for the day in a couple of weeks. I've downloaded caches onto Memory Map, but it doesn't look like there are any caches easily accessible from City airport. Or am I mistaken? Then I'm off to a place near Regent's Park, and it looks like there's one cache that I might be able to nab next to the lake if I have time. Jehangir is disabled, and Ive done the rest along the canal. So, a possible tally of one for the day!

I have just had a quick look on GE and I can see 5 trads and a multi near City Airport (3 near Excel) and there are 6 caches in Regents park excluding the Jehangir cache. One cache is a mystery cache, one a letterbox hybrid and one a multi. The other 3 are trads.

I believe Hyde park has a good number in it it if you can make the short journey there.

Good luck

Living not too far away from City Airport I think I have done all the caches close by. You can split thecaches into 3 groups:

Walking distance from City Airport:

BNUG - The Barrier Method

Royal Victoria Bridge

Excel Rest Time

Royal Victoria Dock Crane

BNUG - Millenium Dome View

Isle of Dogs caches (DLR to Limehouse) and work south

Lunch Break 3

Cabot Square Capers

Limehouse Lull

BNUG - A (Shipless) Mast in Docklands

You could then skip through the foot tunnel to Greenwich and do some of the caches there. I have not included them as I don't know what your time constraints are.

Numbers trip on the Greenway (DLR to Beckton) and work west

Greenway Beckton Alps

Greenway Straights

Greenway Plaistow 65

Greenway Greenery

Greenway Rainbow Colour

Greenway Meridian

NOS #2 London 2012 Olympic View

NOS #1 The Big Stink

If you don't want numbers I suggest you forget the last lot - see how many logs there are for the first six!

The first and second lot are OK and, if you have time, Greenwich is worthwhile. In this part of the world I suggest you make use the DLR - there is no underground. The DLR now goes to City Airport. Tracks are all above ground so you get a good view of the world going by. You can't go far wrong by staying close to the river.

Hope the above helps. If you want anymore info please email me.