Tb Stuck In My Tb Details Page

Team Henzlik

Here's the scoop....

Found & logged a TB. Took the little guy across country and placed him in a ammo can TB hotel. Arrived home - went to log our activity only to find this TB was omitted from our inventory box below the "Comments" area. A day later I was contacted by a local geocacher wanting to know why I did not drop this TB off via the website. I then researched this forum and found this to be an issue with a fair amount of people. I explained this TB glitch to them. They seemed understanding to this fact. They suggested they had dropped the little guy off somewhere else and would contact the owner. This was a couple weeks ago. I still see this TB in my TB Details Page. What would be my next step here? I just want to do the right thing. The TB owner probably is wondering what's going on!?!

* Can Groundspeak make a manual adjustment?

* Can the owner control or impact any change here?

Any help would be appreciated.

If this person told you what cache they dropped it in, you can make the drop if they won't. First (after writing down the number!) drop it in the cache you left it in, then retrieve it, then drop it in the cache it's supposed to be in now. Email the owner through their profile or let them know the story via a note posted on the TB page so they know what's going on. You can go a step further and email the owner of the cache it's supposed to be in, or post a note to the cache page and ask people to check if it is still there. If someone else does come along and grabs it, they may just log it where it is now. A few miles skipped, a few days of history gone, a TB black out! But at least it will be moving.

If this person told you what cache they dropped it in, you can make the drop if they won't. First (after writing down the number!) drop it in the cache you left it in, then retrieve it, then drop it in the cache it's supposed to be in now. Email the owner through their profile or let them know the story via a note posted on the TB page so they know what's going on. You can go a step further and email the owner of the cache it's supposed to be in, or post a note to the cache page and ask people to check if it is still there. If someone else does come along and grabs it, they may just log it where it is now. A few miles skipped, a few days of history gone, a TB black out! But at least it will be moving.

If I click on the TB's link, I see that it says TBNKHC - "Lucky Ducky" was recently spotted in Hulbert Creek, so I know they dropped him off. The issue is I still see the little guy when I go to - My Travel Bug Logs (All). Maybe this is not a big deal? Even if I wanted to try your method of rectifying this, I'm not sure how I would do this. Again, I cannot seem to "Drop Off" the TB because it does not show in my inventory. Unless there is another way to "Drop Off" that I'm not aware of? Have a look at the link below to see if possibly we are ok with the way things are. Maybe this will all work out once someone finds & logs Lucky Ducky.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=3b488ad9-ff4b-4035-b404-f043183163b4

Thanks!

If I click on the TB's link, I see that it says TBNKHC - "Lucky Ducky" was recently spotted in Hulbert Creek, so I know they dropped him off. The issue is I still see the little guy when I go to - My Travel Bug Logs (All). Maybe this is not a big deal? Even if I wanted to try your method of rectifying this, I'm not sure how I would do this. Again, I cannot seem to "Drop Off" the TB because it does not show in my inventory. Unless there is another way to "Drop Off" that I'm not aware of? Have a look at the link below to see if possibly we are ok with the way things are. Maybe this will all work out once someone finds & logs Lucky Ducky.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=3b488ad9-ff4b-4035-b404-f043183163b4

Thanks!

It looks like it's okay. Your dop-off log for the bug into the Landsberg TB Hotel didn't work, so the next finders just "grabbed" it from you when they found it there. (They could have then logged a drop & retrieve into and out of the hotel if they wanted to preserve the mileage and the travel-history, but it's not really critical.) When they dropped the bug into the next cache, they logged the drop, so the bug is now correctly listed as being in its new cache.

As far as your "My Travel Bug Logs" page goes: it lists all of the TB logs you've made (pickups, drops, grabs, notes, etc.) forever; they don't get erased once the bug is out of your inventory. It's a good way to keep track of your bug-handling history.

Edited by the hermit crabs

Thanks!

It looks like it's okay. Your dop-off log for the bug into the Landsberg TB Hotel didn't work, so the next finders just "grabbed" it from you when they found it there. (They could have then logged a drop & retrieve into and out of the hotel if they wanted to preserve the mileage and the travel-history, but it's not really critical.) When they dropped the bug into the next cache, they logged the drop, so the bug is now correctly listed as being in its new cache.

As far as your "My Travel Bug Logs" page goes: it lists all of the TB logs you've made (pickups, drops, grabs, notes, etc.) forever; they don't get erased once the bug is out of your inventory. It's a good way to keep track of your bug-handling history.

Very cool! :ph34r:

Thanks for all the help here.