Cachemate And Garmin Ique M5

I have not used Cachemate on a PPC, but on a Palm (iQue 3600), on the waypoint list page there is a button on the lower left that say "Ex". You click on this the export all the cache coordinates to the address book. This requires the iQue plug-in to be installed. Make sure you have that installed.

I have not used Cachemate on a PPC, but on a Palm (iQue 3600), on the waypoint list page there is a button on the lower left that say "Ex". You click on this the export all the cache coordinates to the address book. This requires the iQue plug-in to be installed. Make sure you have that installed.

Thanks for the reply. There isn't an Ex button on the PPC version, and I did get an email back from Brian at Cachemate explaingint that they haven't gotten that feature worked out yet for the PPC. Oh well, in time hopefully they will.

There's no documented way to insert into the Locations list on iQue Mx devices, or that functionality would be there. Unfortunately, unlike the 3000 series running Palm OS, it's not tied to the Pocket PC's Contacts application.

Well come on, get on it!

;)

Kidding, kidding. So far, with the exception of that one missing feature, I'm quite pleased with Cachemate on PPC.

Well come on, get on it!

I did manage to get some word back from Garmin over the weekend (does anyone believe in holidays anymore?). I can create an entry in the Contacts database, which can be copied over manually to the "My locations" list, but can't add anything to the locations list programmatically. In short, it's possible to do it, but you've still got a one-at-a-time manual process involved :D

No way to get around it, apparently, but if that works for people I'll put it on the list.

Not to mention the fact that you're apparently stuck with the one, boring, rolodex card symbol for the waypoint.

Edited by Maeglin