Legend C + Laptop + Realtime?

I have a Garmin eTRex Legend C, have no issues with it's funtions etc, I am comfortable with all of it. I also have MapSource MetroGuide North America v6, and MetroGuide Canada v4 on my laptop. I am under the impresson by the literature that I can use my GPSr attached to my laptop to provide realtime navigation on my laptop screen within Mapsource. I see on some screenshots that Mapsource has a GPS tap but I don't see that on my version of MapSource. I am running MapSource v6.10.2 beta which is the latest.

Any help is welcome!!

You'll want to download nRoute from Garmin, I beleive it is a free download, to use with your GPS hooked up to your laptop. I'm not sure where on Garmin's site it is located but I'm sure someone will pop in here with a link.

edit: changed City Navigator to nRoute

Edited by LandRover

I have Metro Guide NA version 6.01 and can hookup to a laptop for realtime, but when I updated I lost this feature :anibad:, so I had to uninstall and reinstall and no more updating for me.

I searched Garmins site and had no luck finding a free nroute, I think it only comes with the GPS 18, but could be wrong.

I searched Garmins site and had no luck finding a free nroute, I think it only comes with the GPS 18, but could be wrong.

It's to be found under 'Updates and Downloads' and then looking under mapping programs. Here's the direct link for the english language version:

http://www.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=575

Although it works best with auto-routing maps, it also does basic real-time tracking for the other Garmin maps and works with most of their receivers in addition to the GPS 18.