Tracking Cache Finds

Pitt Gal & Bob

Hello!! I am new to geocaching - just been doing this since Christmas and have a question. Usually when I go to the "Find" page and type in the my local zip code and distance, the page comes up and the caches that I have found are marked with a red check mark. However, today when I went to this page to see if there are any new caches in my area, the red check marks are gone. Are they posted for a specific time? I usually print out the cache info and mark it as found and put it in a notebook. But I used the checkmarks as a guide to those I have found.

Also - when I go to my account, it just shows last 30 days. I have searched that page for info to see all I have found and thought I would print that page periodically but could not find a way to do that.

Please help.

Thanks - Pitt Gal & Bob

:bad:

I'm a premium member, so I hope I'm saying will apply to a non premium account, but I believe it does. For openers, have you entered your home coordinates in your profile? If you do that, then right on "your account" page you'll have a placeon the top of the right hand navigation bar to find caches (filter out finds). I'm not aware of any time limit on caches that you've found being marked as found, however you get to a cache list.

Also under of MY ACCOUNT DETAILS you'll see a place to load all logs for Caches, Bugs, Benchmarks.

When you click on that it will bring up another page with those logs loaded. YOu can then further filter for DNF, Found it! or notes.

Hello!! I am new to geocaching - just been doing this since Christmas and have a question. Usually when I go to the "Find" page and type in the my local zip code and distance, the page comes up and the caches that I have found are marked with a red check mark. However, today when I went to this page to see if there are any new caches in my area, the red check marks are gone. Are they posted for a specific time? I usually print out the cache info and mark it as found and put it in a notebook. But I used the checkmarks as a guide to those I have found.

Also - when I go to my account, it just shows last 30 days. I have searched that page for info to see all I have found and thought I would print that page periodically but could not find a way to do that.

Please help.

Thanks - Pitt Gal & Bob

:bad:

You'll find all your finds here.

If/when you become a premium member, once a week you can run a pocket query for all your finds. You can then load this into one of the datbase programs like GSAK or. Cachemate and sort your finds by date, state, cache type etc. As your numbers mount up this is useful and fun. :D

NevaP, who just took about 45 seconds to determine that 8.09 % of her finds are Virtuals. :D