Cache Label

rocketmann

I make my own labels, camo-style.

I design them on my computer and print them out on regular white typing paper.

I make the paper camo'd by rubbing on a couple shades of forest green/brown dye ink pads (Ranger brand) from the craft store. After the paper dries, I laminate front and back of the label with Avery self-adhesive sheets to keep out moisture. To get rid of the shine of the laminate, I sand the front-showing label side, then apply a few brushed coats of matte varnish.

Finally, I attach the label to my container using camo tape.

They blend wonderfully with the camo tape, and still make the cache look "official" (I think!)

I make my own labels, camo-style.

I design them on my computer and print them out on regular white typing paper.

I make the paper camo'd by rubbing on a couple shades of forest green/brown dye ink pads (Ranger brand) from the craft store. After the paper dries, I laminate front and back of the label with Avery self-adhesive sheets to keep out moisture. To get rid of the shine of the laminate, I sand the front-showing label side, then apply a few brushed coats of matte varnish.

Finally, I attach the label to my container using camo tape.

They blend wonderfully with the camo tape, and still make the cache look "official" (I think!)

Wow... If I am ever in TN I'll have to check a few of your caches out... That's a lot of work! Any non-spoiler photos you can share?

Wow... If I am ever in TN I'll have to check a few of your caches out... That's a lot of work! Any non-spoiler photos you can share?

It doesn't take long to make one. I've gotten the technique down pat for my art, so I just apply it in other parts of my life as applicable.

Here is a scan of the top of one of my cache containers, a 6x6 inch Lock-n-Lock box:

05a8f4b4-0a52-4b04-8693-310f4f69600e.jpg

It doesn't take long to make one. I've gotten the technique down pat for my art, so I just apply it in other parts of my life as applicable.

Here is a scan of the top of one of my cache containers, a 6x6 inch Lock-n-Lock box:

05a8f4b4-0a52-4b04-8693-310f4f69600e.jpg

Hope you don't mind, but I borrowed your logo design. :mad: