Feature Request - Cache Page - My Last Log

Ollivander

OK, this may sound crazy, but with more links into geocaching.com (such as the google earth KML), I am starting to see a cache and not actually remember whether I visited it! -_- So how about when displaying a cache page, one of the items shown is something like my last log entery type (Found, DNF, Note, etc.) - It doesn't have to be an entire log entry - just a icon of my last entry (if any - the smiley, frown, note...) and a link that will bring up all log entries I made for that cache. Or how about a box similar to the inventory box - the icon on the title of the box could be my last log type icon, and the contents could be the first few log entries I made for that cache.

OK, this may sound crazy, but with more links into geocaching.com (such as the google earth KML), I am starting to see a cache and not actually remember whether I visited it! -_- So how about when displaying a cache page, one of the items shown is something like my last log entery type (Found, DNF, Note, etc.) - It doesn't have to be an entire log entry - just a icon of my last entry (if any - the smiley, frown, note...) and a link that will bring up all log entries I made for that cache. Or how about a box similar to the inventory box - the icon on the title of the box could be my last log type icon, and the contents could be the first few log entries I made for that cache.

When you download a GPX file, it will contain the most recent logs, and in addition, your own logs to that cache. I think you can see what you want in programs such as GSAK.

I think that your suggestion would cause additional strain on the server, and is therefore undesirable. I think that in general, stress could be reduced by doing as much as possible off-line. I wished it was possible to write several logs off-line and then to upload to the system in batch...

OK, this may sound crazy, but with more links into geocaching.com (such as the google earth KML), I am starting to see a cache and not actually remember whether I visited it! :)

In this situation, you could create a pocket query for the area you're interested in, querying out only the caches you haven't found. Then bring that GPX into Google Earth. Anything shown on that map will be something you haven't found.