Pocket Pc Help, Please !

247MALIBU

We have downloaded the gps sonar to the pocket pc. Weve downloaded gsak to our home computer. When I export the files the only thing that shows up on the pocket pc is the waypoint, the name, the difficulty, the terrain , distance & last log.

Were running windows 5.0 mobile . I'd like to know,,,, how to export the files to the pocket pc & make them look exactly as the webpage comes up. What comes up for us ,is just a horizontal line with the info. Not like the webpage that comes up on GSAK.

Can someone help a beginner out ? Is there some step by step instructions here ? Im a premium member but kind of new to this pc stuff. Just dont know what I need to get caches on the pocket pc.

We have downloaded the gps sonar to the pocket pc. Weve downloaded gsak to our home computer. When I export the files the only thing that shows up on the pocket pc is the waypoint, the name, the difficulty, the terrain , distance & last log.

Were running windows 5.0 mobile . I'd like to know,,,, how to export the files to the pocket pc & make them look exactly as the webpage comes up. What comes up for us ,is just a horizontal line with the info. Not like the webpage that comes up on GSAK.

Can someone help a beginner out ? Is there some step by step instructions here ? Im a premium member but kind of new to this pc stuff. Just dont know what I need to get caches on the pocket pc.

I'm using a Dell Axim pocket PC with GPX sonar and GSAK. I export GPX files from GSAK to a folder and then copy them to the pocket PC. When I open the file in the pocket PC I see the horizontal lines of information but when I tap and hold a line with the stylus a box pops up with the choices for cache details which when tapped gives the cache page (pictures omitted) with about five logs and Cache options which when tapped includes showing hints decrypted and setting that cache as center point for the list. It should be working this way for you.

NevaP, who usually figures out which button to push but still thinks it's all done by magic.

What version of gpxsonar do you have, NevaP?

I'm using 1.4.0 (I'm not sure how old that is)

When I tap and hold I get a popup menu with the following items:

Show Hints

Field Notes

Set as Center

Ignore ->

Dismiss Menu

If I double-tap on a line, then it opens Explorer and displays the cache info in a format similar to the cache page I see on geocaching.com

In this display, any logs are only as new as your gpx file.

I got bit by that once or twice. I'd look at the cache in gpxsonar and see a travel bug listed but not find it in the cache, THEN realize that my gpx download was 2 weeks old and that 3 other people had visited the cache since then.

If you have internet connectivity on your PPC, you can tap on the waypoint link on this page and it will take you to the actual geocaching.com cache page.

What version of gpxsonar do you have, NevaP?

I'm using 1.4.0 (I'm not sure how old that is)

When I tap and hold I get a popup menu with the following items:

Show Hints

Field Notes

Set as Center

Ignore ->

Dismiss Menu

If I double-tap on a line, then it opens Explorer and displays the cache info in a format similar to the cache page I see on geocaching.com

In this display, any logs are only as new as your gpx file.

I got bit by that once or twice. I'd look at the cache in gpxsonar and see a travel bug listed but not find it in the cache, THEN realize that my gpx download was 2 weeks old and that 3 other people had visited the cache since then.

If you have internet connectivity on your PPC, you can tap on the waypoint link on this page and it will take you to the actual geocaching.com cache page.

Whatever version I have is two years old because I got the pocket PC in March 2004. I guess I should see if there's an update maybe?

Yes, the logs are only as recent as my GPX download. I do try to remember to have a fresh download when I head out on a major excursion. I don't have internet connection for the PPC. What I don't understand is why 247Malibu doesn't see the cache page and logs using GPXSonar.