Hey Tennessee Cachers!

iwing

Howdy all! I got a TB that's been out for a year now, and is having a little trouble finding it's destination. It's a memorial TB for a guy who died of cancer at an early age, but was responsible for getting some of us turned on to Geocaching. Right now it's in Tennessee, and we're trying to get it to Nebraska by August.

If you happen to be out that way, would you give it a lift? Thanks a bunch!

Andy Allgire's Memorial TB

I am moving your thread to the South and Southeast Forum, where it's more likely to be noticed by people who can maybe help out, and so it doesn't get buried on the next page of this faster-moving forum.

As an aside, I was glad to be able to work with this gentleman's family and the local geocaching organization last year to ensure that all of his caches got adopted and maintained as a tribute to his memory.

I'm going by Crossville on my way west to Middle TN (an hour east of Nashville) for Easter. I can try to swing by there if nobody's gotten it by then. Have you tried contacting the cache owners? There's an event tomorrow and Sunday (yeah sort of short notice) in East TN and lots of people will be exchanging TBs to take in all directions there. Not sure if the cache owners will be in attendance, but it's worth a shot.

Still planning to try to rescue this TB on Thursday. I'll try my best, but there are 2 problems that I am seeing right now:

1. I have recently discovered that I am actually quite bad at caching when alone. I never realized how much I relied on my caching partner until he wasn't nearby.

2. From what I have seen on the news, parts of Crossville don't really exist anymore. Bad storms (possible tornados, haven't heard anything official yet) hit the area last Friday. I guess I'll see when I get there if the cache is accessible and present.

Cross your fingers for me!

Didn't find the cache :anicute: In my log I did ask if anyone in the area could move the bug for you. Sorry I couldn't be more help. I guess I could try again next time I go by there, but it might be about a month with final exams, etc. Hopefully someone will come along in the meantime.