British Grid Ref Converter

I'd like to be able to use some software to convert british grid refs into the hddd.mm.mmm format - that is used for cache coordinates - and also the other way round!

does anyone know of any software (preferably free software) that can do this?

i know i can type in the grid ref in british grid on my legend then change the setup units to alter it, but if theres an easier way then that would be great!

Here is a link to my MIDP (Mobile Phone) application that converts from OSGB grid refs to WSG84 and vice versa. The application was written primarily for my own use and has been tested on a few Nokia handsets and seems to work OK.

Its handy for use in the field when doing multi-caches (at least for those of us who still prefer the fun and games of dead tree mapping products :) )

Unfortunately the source code was lost in a recent hard disk death (serves me right for not backing it up) - so support will be a bit of a problem for now... For anyone who's interested, it uses the OS algorithms and an open source fixed point maths library to operate under MIDP 1.0

Point your GPRS (web enabled) mobile phone at http://www.xisoft.co.uk/midlets.html and select "Grid calc" to download/install.

Hope it works! :)