Travel Bug

Bajabilly

First off, go to the cache page, click on the travel bug link and log it. This assumes you can get to the gc.com site which is currently down.

While on the travel bug page, determine it's goal, if any. After that do what you can to get the bug to it's goal. If you can't help it, then drop it in another cache.

It is not yours to keep. Someone is watching that bug to see where it goes.

First off, go to the cache page, click on the travel bug link and log it. This assumes you can get to the gc.com site which is currently down.

While on the travel bug page, determine it's goal, if any. After that do what you can to get the bug to it's goal. If you can't help it, then drop it in another cache.

It is not yours to keep. Someone is watching that bug to see where it goes.

Thank you for your input.I know it's not mine to keep , I did log my find but now what? Just drop it in another cache? do I report what cache I drop it in?New to this and want to do it right.the site seems a pain in the rear to nav.

I would also like to add that, not only do you (most likely) not own the travel bug you find in a cache (you may own one someday and indeed find it in a cache at some point after you release it), but travel bugs are NOT trade items.

You do not have to trade a travel bug FOR a travel bug. How would you ever get one without buying one, if that were the case?

You also do not trade either FOR or WITH a travel bug. Since you don't own the thing and you are not giving it away (as you would property that you own), you can't "give" it to the cache and expect to "take" something in return.

If you find a bug or have a bug to take either to an event cache or to a physical cache, great ... pick it up or drop it off. Thats what they are for. If you can't help it along, and you don't care to carry it for fun, leave it. Its like anything else.

If you go to a cache and want to trade items with that cache, do so. If there is also a travel bug in that cache and you can help it move, pick it up ... but still take a trade item from the cache. Or if you have a travel bug that you want to drop off, don't take a trade item from the cache WITHOUT trading something of your own for that thing ... NOT THE TRAVEL BUG.

Simply put:

Trade items fairly and move travel bugs, just don't expect to trade with someone else's travel bug.

And if it is your own bug you are "dropping" in the cache: Unless you are giving the bug away as a trade item (and you've made that clear), you still own a thing for a thing that you take.